Business Relaunch Tools
Latest Updates - June 14, 2020
- Government of Alberta Guidance for Re-opening (includes sector-specific information and suggestions) | Government of Alberta
- Government of Alberta Stage 2 Relaunch Guidance Documents | Government of Alberta
- Alberta Health Services Fit for Work Questionnaire | Alberta Health Services
- Government of Alberta Relaunch Strategy | Government of Alberta
In accordance to the Government of Alberta Relaunch Strategy, Stage 1 will allow some businesses and facilties to re-open and resume full operations as early as May 14th with enhanced infection prevention and controls in place. The list of lifted restrictions include:
- Some retail businesses like clothing, furniture and book stores.
- All farmers' market vendors.
- Some personal services like hairstyling and barber shops.
- More scheduled surgeries and dental procedures.
- Cafes, restaurants, pubs and bars can reopen for public seating at 50% capacity, but people will not be able to go to the bar to order drinks, they will need to be served at the table.
- Museums and art galleries.
- Some additional outdoor recreation.
- Daycares and out-of-school care, with occupancy limits.
- Summer camps, with occupancy limits (this could include summer school).
- Post-secondary institutions will continue course delivery, but method (online, in-person or blend) will depend on the restrictions in place at each phase.
For more information, the Province of Alberta has provided complete details on their provincial restrictions on mass gatherings and businesses, as well as a list of essential services and facilities.
If you are unsure whether your business qualifies as 'essential' or 'non-essential' according to the provincial government mandates, please email BizConnect@gov.ab.ca.