Cannabis: Need to Know
On Oct. 17, 2018, recreational cannabis will be legal in Canada. Each province and municipality will have a different set of rules, but here's what legalization means in Leduc.
Be a courteous and responsible cannabis user. Know the rules:
- If you choose to use, keep it at home. Cannabis will be treated like alcohol – no consumption in Leduc’s public places.
- There are no regulations governing cannabis odour. However, stay conscious of how those around you may be impacted by the smoke and smell of your cannabis use.
- You must be 18+ to buy, use, possess and grow cannabis. Kids may not enter cannabis stores, even with an adult.
- 30g of cannabis is the most you may carry in public our purchase at one time.
- Adults may grow up to four plants per household.
- Keep cannabis products out of reach of anyone in a vehicle. Driving while impaired by cannabis is illegal.
For more information on how the production and sale of cannabis is regulated in Leduc, visit Leduc.ca/cannabis-related-business.