Councillor Dana Smith
Corporate Services Department LiaisonOn City Council
Deputy Mayor (December 2016 and February 2017)
Board, Committee & Association Appointments:
- Capital Region Board (alternate)
- Capital Region Board - Governance, Finance and Priorities Committee (alternate)
- Capital Region Board - Land Use Committee (alternate)
- Capital Region Board - Transit Task Force
- Leduc Downtown Business Association
- Leduc/Leduc County Liaison Committee (IDP)
- Leduc/Nisku Economic Development Authority Board (alternate)
- Leduc Parks Recreation and Culture Board
- Community Adult Learning Committee
- Naming Committee
- Student activities and tours
- Safety Advisory Committee
Councillor Dana Smith has been a resident of Leduc for 31 years. She has been married to Brian for 30 years, and they have two adult children Kaylee and Tyler.
She is a graduate of Red Deer College, and is also a past board member with the Provincial Mental Health Board, Review Panel. Councillor Smith is a founding member of the Leduc Victim Services. She is a past member of the Performing Arts Council and was past chair of the Leduc Housing Authority and past vice-Chair of Leduc Foundation.
Councillor Smith is serving her 4th term on council; as well, she has always been an active volunteer in the community and believes that volunteering is a great way to give back. She has strong values and believes in using common sense when approaching any task.
In her spare time, she enjoys live theatre or music productions and spending time outdoors, gardening and planning family gatherings. She especially enjoys family and friends at her cabin. “It is extremely peaceful.”
Councillor Smith loves Leduc, and she and her husband love what it offers to them as a family and as residents. She is privileged to continue representing the citizens of Leduc on City Council.