Councillor David MacKenzie
Community & Protective Services Department LiasonOn City Council
Deputy Mayor (November 2016, July 2017)
Boards, Committee & Association Appointments:
- AB Capital Region Wastewater Commission
- Emergency Advisory Committee
- Capital Region Southwest Water Services Commission (alternate)
- Capital Region Board (alternate)
- Capital Region Board - Land-Use Committee
- Leduc Regional Chamber of Commerce Executive
- Leduc Parks Recreation and Culture Board
- Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts (alternate)
Councillor David MacKenzie, a native Albertan, moved with his family to Leduc in 1992. He and his wife, Bonni, have 3 adult children - Jennifer, John and Chris. Coun. MacKenzie was a local bank manager between 1992 to 2007, and has since retired and is currently working as a mortgage specialist in Leduc.
Councillor MacKenzie is an active member in our community. He was the chairman of the Leduc and District Food Bank from 1995 to 2007 and is the founder of the Leduc and District Emergency Shelter Association (chairman 2007 - 2013). He was also nominated for the Leduc and District Citizen of the Year award – in 2003 and again in 2005.
He is a strong advocate for health, fitness and quality of life, and strongly supported development of enhanced recreation facilities for this region. Councillor MacKenzie is a very keen supporter of the arts community in Leduc and has authored 2 novels.