Downtown Sidewalk Snow Removal
The City of Leduc acknowledges the unique challenges of sidewalk snow removal in the downtown area due to a lack of snow storage capacity. As a result, business owners along 50 Avenue are granted a special provision to discharge their snow onto the city’s road. The city’s general practice is to allow business owners 24 hours to clear the snow from their sidewalks and on to the street prior to city staff undertaking snow removal operations. As a result of the downtown enhancements, some of the practices regarding snow removal have been modified for both business owners and city staff. Changes in these practices are listed below:
Downtown Business Owners Responsibilities:
- Whenever possible, snow should be pushed from the walkway and on to the road.
- If the snow accumulation is too large to move the snow from the sidewalk and around any obstructions (benches, tables, tree planters, etc.) and on to the road, then snow can be pushed and piled in the designated areas as per the photographs below.
- At no time will snow be piled in such a manner as to block the pedestrian para-ramps located at the street corners and crosswalks.
- Ice control for the sidewalk areas will remain with the Business Owners.
City of Leduc Public Services Responsibilities:
- When operationally feasible, City staff will remove the piled snow at the designated storage areas (see photographs below) and from the street furniture.
- The City will endeavour to clear snow from the pedestrian para-ramps when required.
- Ice control for the bulb-out areas and para-ramps will continue to be the responsibility of the City of Leduc.
Snow removal instructions
The table below provides instructions on where to discharge your snow, according to your business address. Each photo is a link to the full-size image; to make any picture bigger, simply click on it.
|4708 - 50 Ave|
|4718-4724 50 Ave|
|4723 50 Ave|
|4728 50 Ave|
|4801 50 Ave|
|4805-4809 50 Ave|
|4810 50 Ave|
|4820 50 Ave||
|4821 50 Ave|
|4901 50 Ave|
|4902 50 Ave|
|4906 50 Ave|
|4911 50 Ave|
|Overview of 50 Ave|