Aquatic Certification Sponsorship Program
Does working in a tropical environment, staying active, having fun and serving your community sound appealing? If it does, we want to meet you!
We're seeking not-yet-certified competent swimmers who are interested in becoming a lifeguard or swim instructor with the City of Leduc.
We strive to offer the best aquatic experience, including the best lessons, safest swims, and cleanest facilities. As some of the most publicly visible and engaged members of our Aquatics Services team, our lifeguards and swim instructors play a very important role in achieving this goal. They are natural leaders who can think quickly, thrive in a team environment and work hard to provide a safe and fun environment for our patrons to enjoy. As a lifeguard or swim instructor, your typical work day will be fun and physically challenging, but also comes with the responsibility of ensuring the safety of our aquatic facility users.
If you would love to work in this type of role but are missing the certifications to qualify, don't throw in the towel just yet! The City's Aquatic Certification Sponsorship Program will provide the support and training you need to join our team.
How the Program Works
- Skills Assessment - Meet with a member of the Aquatics leadership team to determine that you meet the basic lifeguard fitness and skillset requirements for success in the program.
- Interview - Meet with the Aquatics leadership team to explore what you can bring to our team and workplace culture and what the City can offer you in a potential career in Aquatics.
- City-Sponsored Certification Courses - Candidates who are successful in both the skills and interview components of this process will have their registration fees waived for eligible Aquatic Certification/Leadership courses which are required to become a lifeguard or swim instructor.
- Join the Team - Upon successful completion of these courses, candidates will be considered for immediate employment with the City of Leduc Aquatic Services team.
- Minimum 16 years of age
- Strong swimming ability and good physical fitness
- Fully immunized against COVID-19
Register in one of the Skills Assessment Sessions to get started.