This position has been deemed safety sensitive by the employer and as such is subject to pre-employment and post-incident drug and alcohol testing.
Classification Level: $16.85 hourly
Reports to: Aquatic Shift Leader
The City of Leduc is looking to recruit and certify a limited number of individuals as Assistant Lifeguards. At the City of Leduc, we offer the best aquatic experience. The best programs, safest swims, and cleanest facilities. Spend your working hours in a tropical climate, living an active lifestyle and having a ton of fun! If you are a hard-working, team-oriented and fun-seeking individual who enjoys making a difference in people’s lives, then we want you on our team!
Check us out on YouTube: https://youtu.be/9DK0WgA6fCw
In addition to your excellent wage, you will also receive:
- flexible daytime work schedule
- annual deck footwear allowance
- 50% discount on an annual LRC membership
- paid training & recertification (time & course fees)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- prevent injuries through public education, class management & safety supervision
- ensure aquatic facilities are clean and safe for users
- provide users with the highest quality of customer service
- minimum 15 years of age
- Red Cross Assistant Lifeguard (ALG)
- Red Cross Standard First Aid (SFA) or equivalent
- Lifesaving Society Bronze Cross
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- ability to work individually and as a team member
- strong swimming abilities approximately equivalent to Red Cross Swim Kids level 10
- superior interpersonal, public relations, and verbal communication skills
- able to promote positive internal & external customer relations
- ability to attend all required training and in-service sessions
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you! To apply, please fill out the online form below.
Competition will remain open until suitable candidates are found. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies. Due to the high volume of resumes received, we are not able to respond to individual phone calls. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.