Child Minding Centre
The Re/Max Child Minding Centre provides babysitting services so parents can use the LRC’s many recreation facilities and programs knowing that their children (ages 2 months to 7 years) are nearby and receiving quality care.
Our child minding staff have RCMP Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Intervention Check, first aid certification and have taken training workshops designed for working with children. We adhere to the adult-to-child ratios recommended by the Alberta Government (under 19 months = 1:4, 19 months - 7 years = 1:8).
Parents must stay in the LRC while using child minding services.
Hours of Operation
Spring 2019 Hours: (April 1 - June 30)
|Morning & Afternoon||8:45 - 2 p.m.||8:45 - 2 p.m.||8:45 - 2 p.m.||8:45 - 2 p.m.||8:45 - Noon||
*8:45 - Noon
|Evening||*5 - 8 p.m.
|*5 - 8 p.m.
|5 - 8 p.m.||*5 - 8 p.m.
*Pre-booking required on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday evenings (5 - 8 p.m.) as well as Saturday morning (8:45 a.m. - Noon).
If demand is in/sufficient, hours may be adjusted to the weekly schedule. If there are less than 4 bookings in the evening, child minding will be closed.
Stat Holidays: CLOSED
June 25 & 26: CLOSED
All that you need to know is included in this brochure- how to book, what to bring, drop off, pick up, hours, fees and the training our staff requires to care for your children.
Child Minding Rates
|Ages||60-Minute (LRC Member Rate)||60-Minute (Public Rate)|
|2 - 19 Months||$8.00||$8.80|
|20 Months - 7 Years||$6.00||$6.60|
Child Minding passes hold no cash value and are non-refundable. As of April 5, 2018 all passes will have a 2-year expiry. All active punch passes have an expiry date of March 31, 2020. Time on Child Minding passes is used in 30-minute intervals. Visit Child Minding or call 780-980-8451 to see how many remaining passes you have left on your card or account.
How to Book Child Care
Pre-book by calling 780-980-8451 or drop off a booking slip during our hours of operation.
- If space permits, drop-in child minding services are available during operating hours.
- Refunds will not be provided for no-shows or withdrawals made within 24 hours of the booked time slot (unless you provide a doctor's note/medical certificate).
- We try to accommodate all customers, however, we must adhere to our adult-to-child ratios to ensure the safety of all children.
- Please be mindful of your booking start and end time. If you're arriving at a time other than your booking time, confirm with the child minding staff that there is available space.
What to Bring
- Indoor shoes must be worn at all times in the child minding centre.
- Clearly label all personal items (diapers, bottles, extra clothing, etc.).
- You are welcome to bring your child’s special toys, however, please be aware that we cannot be responsible for lost, shared or damaged toys.
- Please take your valuables with you (wallets, cameras) and do not leave them unattended in diaper bags.
- All snacks MUST be nut-free.