Citizen and employee safety major factor with facility reopening
The Leduc Civic Centre, Protective Services Building and Operations Building (main floor only) will be officially reopening their doors on June 22 for regular business hours to provide key front counter services for citizens. However, all efforts remain in place for citizens to continue to access full services from the comfort of their home as a limited number of employees will be deployed starting June 22.
Front counter services available through this reopening include:
- Main floor of the Operations Building
- Fire Services
- Safety Codes
While following the provincial public health guidelines, access will be restricted as outlined below:
- Leduc Civic Centre – maximum of nine people: two people at the Finance/ Planning counter, two at the Reception desk and five in a line-up
- Protective Services Building – pre-screening will be done by intercom once someone has entered the inner foyer and pressed the intercom button
- Operations Building – maximum of one person
Pre-screening is required for anyone entering a city building, which includes all staff. Pre-screening measures will be in place at all three facilities for the public with greeters at the Leduc Civic Centre. Signage will be posted at the Protective Services and Operations Buildings with pre-screening managed by administrative support. Limited seating will be available at Protective Services as administration will be taping off benches and leaving one table with a chair.
Other restrictions will be in place to ensure safety measures are followed:
- Meeting room access will not be available for staff to meet with members of the public
- No access to public washrooms
- Public seating will not be available in the common areas of the Leduc Civic Centre
For more information, visit Leduc.ca/COVID-19 for regular updates or call 780-980-7177.
— 30 —
Mariann Tobin, Corporate Communications Officer