The City reviews approach to relaunch
The provincial government announced their relaunch strategy with a phased approach for the re-opening of facilities and services across Alberta. The City of Leduc is assessing and determining the conditions set by the province to relaunch in an effective and safe manner for residents. To ensure a safe re-opening, conditions are evaluated, monitored and adjusted as needed.
The focus of the plan is to be gradual, starting today with boat launch access in select provincial parks and vehicle access to parking lots and staging areas on public lands and parks. Following the phased approach, the following restrictions are lifting in this timeline:
- Golf courses can open, with restrictions to keep club houses and pro shops closed.
- Resuming some scheduled non-urgent surgeries.
- Dental and other regulated health-care workers such as physiotherapists, speech language pathologists, respiratory therapists, audiologists, social workers, occupational therapists, dieticians and more can resume services as long as they follow approved guidelines set by their professional colleges.
- Alberta Parks' online campground reservation system will open for bookings at select campgrounds starting June 1 onward with some restrictions in place.
The province will progress to Stage 1 gradually with approval from Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health. Stage 1 will see the allowance of some businesses and facilities to resume operations with restrictions.
The City of Leduc will take a gradual approach to relaunch and will depend on many factors. While restrictions are to be relaxed, the following provincial Orders remain in place:
- Keep a physical distance of 2 metres in public spaces
- Self-isolate if you feel unwell
- Limit all gatherings to 15 people
- Wear a face mask in places difficult to physically distance
We strongly encourage all residents to continue to follow these preventive measures. We appreciated the patience and kindness you have shown us through this unprecedented time.
— 30 —
The COVID-19 situation is changing rapidly, please check Leduc.ca/COVID-19 regularly for ongoing updates. The City of Leduc has taken immediate action to keep our community safe under the direction of Alberta's Chief Medical Officer of Health.
Celia Hui, Marketing and Communications Specialist
780-980-7198 ext. 6004