Leduc Transit fare collection will resume July 1, 2020
Starting Wednesday, July 1, 2020, Leduc Transit and LATS will reinstate fares on all transit services. Since late March, Leduc Transit and LATS have been waiving all fares in an effort to reduce financial strain, but as the economy begins to relaunch fare collection will resume on all transit services.
All March passes for Leduc Transit and LATS will be accepted as valid payment for the month of July. Leduc Transit monthly passes and ticket books are available at the Leduc Civic Centre (beginning June 22), Leduc County Centre (began June 9) and online (beginning June 22) at leductransit.ca/fares/buy-passes-online. LATS monthly passes and ticket books are available at the Leduc Civic Centre (beginning June 22) and can also be purchased directly with drivers. Ticket books are now also a new option available for casual riders on local routes, with 10 tickets to a pack for the price of $18 to eliminate the need to carry cash fare for each trip.
Edmonton Transit Service (ETS) July monthly passes are also available for purchase at the Leduc Civic Centre (beginning June 22) and the Leduc County Centre (began June 9).
The following health and safety procedures are in effect for Leduc Transit and LATS:
- Enhanced cleaning procedures on all buses in our fleet on a daily basis, including the use of a disinfectant fogger
- All drivers will be wearing the appropriate personal protection equipment (PPE)
For all transit riders:
- We highly recommend that all passengers wear non-medical masks on-board the buses, for your safety, the safety of your fellow passengers and the safety of our drivers
- Use passes or tickets to eliminate the use of cash
- Follow standard Alberta Health Services (AHS) guidance and regulations, including frequent hand washing or sanitizing, covering your cough or sneeze, staying home if you are feeling unwell, and physical distancing at least two metres (six feet)
Routes and schedules that have been modified due to the COVID-19 pandemic will remain in place. To confirm routes and schedules please visit leductransit.ca, call 780-980-8444 or email email@example.com
We are committed to the safety and wellbeing of our riders and will continue to monitor the situation and adjust as needed. Thank you to all of our riders for your continued patience, understanding and compliance with regulations as we navigate this new normal.
— 30 —
Celia Hui, Marketing and Communications Specialist