New City Council sets 2018 board and committee appointments
The city’s annual organizational meeting of Leduc City Council was held and led by new mayor, Bob Young, and the new city council Monday evening. This meeting outlines the following schedule until October 2018:
- Leduc City Council meetings are held in council chambers (Leduc Civic Centre) every second and fourth Monday of the month at 7 p.m. with the following exceptions:
- First Monday in November (Nov. 6): Committee-of-the-Whole at 5 p.m.
- First regular council meeting is Nov. 14 at 7 p.m.
- First and second Mondays in December: Dec. 4, 2017 committee will be held at 5 p.m. and the regular meeting at 7 p.m. Dec. 11 will be a committee meeting only at 5 p.m.
- Committee-of-the-Whole meetings are held in the Lede Room (Leduc Civic Centre) every second, third and fourth Monday of the month at 5 p.m.
- Committee-of-the-Whole Budget Deliberations will take place Nov. 16, 2017 (3 p.m.), Nov. 17 and 18, 2017 (9 a.m.).
- Deputy mayor schedule:
- Coun. Beverly Beckett - December 2017 and September 2018
- Coun. Glen Finstad - November 2017 and June 2018
- Coun. Bill Hamilton - February 2018 and April 2018
- Coun. Lars Hansen - March 2018 and October 2018
- Coun. Terry Lazowski - May 2018 and August 2018
- Coun. Laura Tillack - January 2018 and July 2018
All council members were officially sworn in tonight as the beginning of their four-year term serving the Leduc community, 2017 – 2021. Council was also appointed to serve on city boards and committees and as part of their role. For a complete list of these appointments, see the attachment, or visit Leduc.ca under ‘City Council’ for those details.
The next organizational meeting will take place Oct. 22, 2018. For more information, visit Leduc.ca or call 780-980-7177.
— 30 —
Mariann McLaughlin, Corporate Communications