Overall quality of life is 98%: 2017 Citizen Satisfaction Survey

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Nearly 90 per cent of Leduc’s citizens believe the City of Leduc is ‘on the right track’ when factoring community priorities, such as managing growth and maintaining infrastructure.

“It’s a positive shot in the arm for city council and administration,” says Leduc Mayor Greg Krischke. “These results clearly identify that we’re aligned with the community. They outline where we can improve, as well as where we’ve succeeded.”

The city contracted Environics Research to conduct the statistically valid survey of 400 citizens in January. Some of the key findings include:

  • 81 per cent overall satisfaction of city services; a difference of 1 per cent from 2015 with 82 per cent
  • 21 per cent (up from 16 per cent in 2015) say city services improved with high ratings for staff in the areas of:
    - Politeness – 87 per cent
    - Knowledgeable – 82 per cent
    - Provide a response within a reasonable time – 75 per cent
    - Refer inquiries to the correct person/department – 73 per cent
    - Willing to take action/follow through quickly – 70 per cent

The city’s high quality of life indicators, as expressed by survey participants, include:

  • 35 per cent: recreation facilities/ Leduc Recreation Centre
  • 25 per cent: parks and Multiway Trail System
  • 25 per cent: community amenities
  • 24 per cent: good services
  • 23 per cent: location (close to the international airport and Nisku)

For more information, call 780-980-7177.

— 30 —

2017 Citizen Satisfaction Survey results

Leduc is a growing, dynamic city in the heart of Canada’s economic engine and conveniently located at the crossroads of air, highway and rail transportation. The City of Leduc is a centre of innovation, entrepreneurship and quality of life. As a regional leader, the city, together with other municipalities in the area, plays a key role in protecting the integrity of the Edmonton International Airport (EIA) and leading economic development in the region, including Aerotropolis. For information on non-emergency city services and programs, visit www.leduc.ca or follow us on Twitter @cityofleduc

MEDIA CONTACT:
Mariann McLaughlin, Corporate Communications
780–980–7171
mmclaughlin@leduc.ca