Public notice for Sept. 14 and 28 Leduc City Council meetings
Leduc City Council Committee-of-the-whole and regular council meetings will require any public attendees to wear a mask before entering council chambers.
This new health and safety protocol will be in place for the following dates as physical distancing may not be possible:
- Sept. 14 committee-of-the-whole at 5 p.m. and council meeting at 7 p.m.
- Sept. 21 committee-of-the-whole at 5 p.m.
- Sept. 28 committee-of-the-whole at 5 p.m. and council meeting at 7 p.m.
Pre-registration is recommended for any members of the public who wish to attend or participate in public commentary. This can be done through the City Clerk’s Office by emailing email@example.com or calling 780-980-7132.
The following are other considerations to keep in mind:
- Pre-screening is required for all attendees upon entry to the civic centre
- In-person seating is first come, first served
- GoTo Meeting will be used for remote participants so any in-person attendees in council chambers will need to bring their own mobile devices (phone, laptop, tablet) and headphones to hear the meeting. Should they not have these necessary items, they’ll be directed to another room where the meeting will be live streaming. Attendees can still participate in public commentary from the meeting room.
- Although presenters can now participate in person, they’re still encouraged to participate virtually through GoTo Meeting
NOTE: Due to limited space and with the face covering requirement, the maximum numbers won’t apply for the month of September. The following will be reinstated for the first meeting in October:
- 6-person maximum for members of the public seated within council chambers
- 20-person maximum in the Lede Room
Council and committee agenda packages are posted on the website, along with previous meeting recordings.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-980-7132 to speak to someone in the City Clerk’s Office.
— 30 —
Mariann Tobin, Corporate Communications Officer