What you should know about winter holiday fire safety
City of Leduc Fire Services would like to send a friendly safety reminder on the importance of being fire smart during the holiday season.
Top 10 fire safety tips:
- Check your smoke alarm
- Candles shouldn’t be left unattended
- If you have a real Christmas tree, please keep it well watered
- Please check all Christmas lights before you decorate
- Always remain in the kitchen while cooking
- Please use extensions cords wisely
- Keep matches and lighters out of sight and in places children can’t reach
- Please allow adequate space around any space heaters
- If you smoke, please stub your cigarettes out completely and dispose of them safely
- Have a home fire escape plan
For more information, please visit the Office of the Fire Commissioner .
Information is courtesy of the Office of the Fire Commissioner