Coping with the Mental Impacts of the Pandemic and Loss
Date: April 6, 2021
Time: 7 – 8:30 p.m.
Location: City of Leduc’s YouTube Channel
Join the City of Leduc and subject matter experts as we discuss the impacts of trauma and loss during a pandemic, understanding trauma and recognizing the signs and symptoms, and resources available for residents. A Q&A portion will follow the presentation to address any inquiries or concerns. Residents can submit their questions beforehand or during by emailing email@example.com
- Impacts of the pandemic on our ability to cope
- Basics of trauma
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of trauma in children
- How to talk to your children about trauma
- City of Leduc FCSS resources and programs
- Bob Young, Mayor, City of Leduc
- Kevin Cameron, Executive Director, North American Centre for Threat Assessment and Trauma Response
- Sheila Chauvet, Registered Psychologist
- Amanda Ulrickson, Manager, City of Leduc Family and Community Support Services
MLA Brad Rutherford will moderate the live virtual session.
*For those who miss or are unable to view it live, a recording of this session will be posted on the website.
Additional resources about dealing with trauma at Leduc.ca/dealingwithtrauma or call FCSS at 780-980-7109. For 24/7 support, call or text 2-1-1.