This policy speaks to safety, support and overall visual appeal throughout our community on temporary portable (road side) and directional signage on municipal road rights-of-way.
Signs on Road Right-of-Way applies to land developers, home builders, community groups and not-for-profit organizations that rely on this signage to share information, promote an event or to direct traffic to new areas of the city.
We encourage residents to utilize neighbourhood billboards to promote any garage/yard sales. There area number of locations found throughout Leduc:
- Bridgeport Harry Bienert Park (Bridgeport Blvd and Bridgeport Crossing)
- Caledonia Park/School (Coady Blvd and Middleton Close)
- Lakeside Estates Aileen Faller Park (Black Gold Dr and Allen Place)
- Leduc Recreation Centre West Parking Lot (Black Gold Dr and South Park Dr)
- Southfork McKinley Park (Sheppard Way and Southwick Blvd) - 2 boards available in this park
NOTE: Any signs posted without prior approval from the City of Leduc will be removed at any notice or warning to the sign owner; this includes areas such as grass boulevards, centre medians, traffic lights, buses and bus shelters, and other public property (this also applies to lawn signs, flag signs, and a-frame signs). The sign owners will be given an opportunity to pick up any illegal signs the city has stored with the condition to not repeat the same offence.
Permit applications are received through CityView Portal (account set-up is required). Click HERE for a guide to set up your account and to apply for a road sign. For assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-980-7124.
An interactive map is available for applicants to review pre-approved locations throughout the city. This map will show current locations in use with the expiry deadline (identified in red) along with available locations (identified in green).
Click HERE for a step-by-step guide to use the online map.
Completed applications through CityView require the following lead time before a requested start date:
- 1 week for temporary portable signs requests. Review/approval time can take up to 5 business days
- 2 weeks for directional signs. Review/approval time can take up to 7 business days
NOTE: This new policy doesn’t apply to any businesses wishing to place a temporary portable sign for commercial advertising as they may do so on private property. This is regulated under Leduc’s Land-use Bylaw and a development permit is required. Contact Planning for more information.