FCSS is an LGBTQ2S+ friendly space and we offer supports for LGBTQ2S+ youth, adults and families. For more information, contact our office at 780-980-7109.
LGBTQ2S+ people have fought long and hard to achieve the rights and freedoms they have today. Pride events are to celebrate those achievements, increase the visibility of a once unseen community, and continue to fight for equitable treatment and opportunities.
The City of Leduc hosts an annual Pride event to celebrate the LGBTQ2S+ community and all of the progress that has been made. By raising the Rainbow Flag we also show that we will not stand for discrimination against the LGBTQ2S+ community.
For more information about future pride events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Resources For Downloading:
- Understanding the many layers of identity (gender, sexuality, sex assigned at birth)
- Understanding LGBTQ2S+ terminology
- Pronoun Usage Guide
- Tips for being a good ally for LGBTQ2S+ people
- Tips for being a good ally for transgender people
- Tips on how to practice LGBTQ2S+ Allyship
- Responding with Allyship
- Supporting transgender and gender non-conforming educators and students
- Summer camps for LGBTQ2S+ kids and youth
- The Rainbow Pages - LGBTQ+ Youth Resource Guide or download the 4th edition here
- Download the Rainbow Flag here
Organizations in the Edmonton area:
- The altView Foundation
- Compass Centre for Sexual Wellness
- Institute for Sexual Minority Studies and Services
- Pride Centre of Edmonton
Groups in the Leduc area:
- Leduc Community GSA every Wednesday, online from 6:30 to 8 p.m. Open to ages 16 to 20.
To learn more dial 211 for assitance learning about other programs, resources and organizations that serve the LGBTQ2S+ community in your area.