How to Pay Taxes
The City of Leduc offers residents many options to pay their taxes:
- Monthly payments. The city's Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) allows you to pay your taxes over 12 months instead of in one annual payment. To enroll, you need to complete the application form and provide a void cheque or pre-authorized form from your bank.
- Online banking:
- Log into your online banking account
- Go to "pay bills and transfer funds"
- Select "add payee"
- Type in "Leduc"
- Select "LEDUC (CITY) - TAXES" from the list that appears
- Use your 6-digit tax roll number as your account number (found on your tax notice)
- Ensure you allow enough time for bank processing
- Telephone banking. Contact your bank or go online for instructions for telephone banking. Use your 6-digit tax roll number as your account number.
- In person. Leduc Civic Centre (1 Alexandra Park) accepts cheques, bank drafts, debit or cash between the hours of 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday - Friday. Post-dated payments are accepted. Check with your financial institution to see what your single transaction limit is.
- After hours drop-off. Put your payment in an envelope in the deposit box (left of the main entrance) at Leduc Civic Centre.
- By mail. Send your cheque to: City of Leduc 1 Alexandra Park Leduc, AB T9E 4C4.
The tax year is January 1 - December 31. Tax payments are due on or before June 30. Please note we do not accept credit cards or credit card cheques for taxes or the TIPP. Post-dated cheques are acceptable.
Late Payment Penalties
Assessment and tax notices are mailed during May each year. Failure to receive a tax notice is not reason for non-payment of taxes. You must ensure we have your correct mailing address if you move.
Current year taxes that remain unpaid after June 30 are subject to the following penalties:
- July 1 – 6%
- August 1 – 2%
- September 1 – 2%
- October 1 – 2%
- November 1 – 2%
- December 1 – 2%
- January 1 – 12%
For more information contact the tax department at 780-980-7105 or email@example.com.