Things you need to know
Starting Feb. 8, 2021 per the Government of Alberta’s ‘Path Forward,' please note the following services available to our community:
- Indoor, one-on-one fitness training services (must be booked with a fitness trainer). Virtual fitness programming will continue.
- Ice and field house one-on-one sport training is available and must be through a professional, certified and/or paid trainer providing active instruction
- Ice and field house private bookings (working to identify max. pairing numbers allowable on each surface)
- Aquatics one-on-one training and instruction (sport organizations only at this time)
- School use for curriculum-based activities are permitted at the Leduc Recreation Centre and Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts
- In-person pre-school programs will continue to be held at Kinsmen Hall
- LRC memberships will remain on hold
All one-on-one training requires the trainer to wear a mask. Clients are not required to wear a mask when training.
Please note the following capacity limits:
- Arenas and field houses will have up to two bookings/organizations per surface
- Courts will have one booking/organization
Other amenities impacted in Step 1 include:
- Warming centre will continue at the Leduc Civic Centre. Should folks need a space between 4 and 9 p.m., when the homeless shelter opens, the LRC will be available
- Alexandra Arena ice will be removed for the seasons
- Curling rink ice will be removed as the season was cancelled by the Leduc Curling Club
- Aspen Custom Trailers Arena (formerly known as the Sobeys Arena) fate will be determined next week considering the cancellations of Dairy Congress and the Black Gold Rodeo for this year. Current ice rental contracts will be reviewed with user groups in anticipation of Steps 2 and 3
For more information on COVID-19-related updates pertaining to the Leduc Recreation Centre, please click HERE or call 780-980-7120.
LRC's Hours of Operation
- Monday to Friday 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- CLOSED Family Day, Feb. 15