Councillor Bill Hamilton
Infrastructure and PlanningOn City Council
Deputy Mayor for February and April 2018
Boards, Committee and Association Appointments:
- City of Leduc Library Board - alternate
- Family and Community Support Services Advisory Board (FCSS) – alternate
- Leduc and District Regional Waste Management Authority – alternate
- Leduc Foundation - alternate
- Alberta Capital Region Wastewater Commission
- Leduc & District Chamber of Commerce
Bill Hamilton was born and raised in Regina, SK, later becoming a Leduc resident in 1987 after graduating from Mount Royal University in Calgary with a Diploma in Broadcasting. Bill co-owns and is the sales director for Studio Post in Edmonton. He is married to Shelley and they have two grown children, Rebecca and Owen.
Bill’s experience includes serving one previous term on Leduc City Council as alderman from 2001 – 2004. He has also served the community as a volunteer in various capacities, such as chairperson of the Leduc Parks, Recreation and Culture Board, board member of Leduc Community Lottery Board, public member of Leduc Budget Committee, chairperson of East Elementary Parent Association, chairperson of Leduc Junior High Parent Association, board member for Edmonton International Film Festival Society and board member for Documentary Association of Canada, Edmonton Chapter. Bill is an avid reader and enjoys recreational cycling.