Fitness Centre & Track
Unlimited access to the Apple Fitness Centre and Track is included with your membership or paid daily admission. Check in at Guest Services to receive a wristband (required to access the Fitness Centre and Track).
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 5am* - 10pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8am - 9pm
*During the week, from 5 - 8am, you must present your membership card or punch pass to the Fitness Attendant on duty. Cash or cheques will not be accepted for admission.
Supervision and Age Requirements
- 16 years: unsupervised.
- Youth aged 14-15: unsupervised, only after completing the youth orientation (Teen Fit).
- Youth aged 12-13: actively supervised by an adult, after completing the youth orientation (Teen Fit).
- Walking Track: all participants under 12 must be actively supervised by an individual that is 18 years of age or older. Maximum of four youth to one supervisor.
Fitness Centre Equipment & Amenities
The 9,000 square foot Apple Fitness Centre features a variety of state-of-the-art fitness and weight training equipment.
- Cardio Equipment: Touch-screen LCD displays, with 17" high definition TV's, USB and iPod connectivity.
- Virtual Trainer provides motivating visualizations, tips and feedback in addition to custom-feedback program building and tracking.
- Treadmills and cross trainers equipped with Internet connectivity and Lifescape courses.
- Specialized Strength Training and Free Weights: Target specific muscle groups with resistance training equipment, strength equipment, cable machines and squat racks.
- Four-lane track: Created for the 2008 AB Winter Games; accommodates every age and ability.
Did you know? We also offer Fitness Services like nutrition counselling, fitness assessments and personal training.
Free Orientation for Adults & Teens
A free orientation is available if you're new to fitness or just need a refresher. Meet with one of our Fitness Attendants to learn proper use of equipment, general guidelines for exercise, etiquette and safety information. Our staff can also answer any questions you may have.
Our Teen Fit orientation is for youth aged 12-15, and is a pre-requisite to use the fitness centre, track, and to attend drop-in fitness activities. You'll learn basic fitness centre etiquette, safety, resistance training, anatomy and program design. Orientations are held regularly; please contact the Apple Fitness Centre desk at 780-980-8455.
What to Bring
- Wear indoor, non-skid, closed-toed footwear and comfortable clothing.
- Dress appropriately for your activity and our family-friendly facility. Please change out of jeans, as the rivets may damage our upholstery.
- A non-breakable water bottle.