RE/MAX Fitness Centre & AWG Indoor Track
The RE/MAX Fitness Centre and AWG Indoor Track re-opened Monday, July 6.
Things you should know before coming
- Scan your membership card at the Fitness Centre desk during regular hours of operation. The Fitness Desk cannot accept any form of payment for admission.
- New disinfecting wipe dispensers have been installed, these wipes are to be used to wipe down all touch points of equipment and accessories.
- Foam rollers will not be available at this time.
- Resistance bands, skipping rope and massage balls will be available to sign out only. Please see fitness desk to sign one out during your appointment time.
- Changerooms will be open with a limited amount of lockers available, however please come ready for your workout.
- Drop-in group fitness opportunities held in the three zones on the 3rd level will have cubbies available for your belongings as lockers are limited in the Fitness Centre changerooms.
- Water fountains will have bottling filling only, the mouthpiece will be disabled. Please remember a water bottle.
- There will be the small coin lockers available for keys and your wallet but the number of lockers is limited.
- There will be workout areas for free weights marked to ensure physical distancing.
- Some equipment will be moved to Indoor Track to accommodate physical distancing.
- The Indoor Track is stroller friendly during this time, we ask that any children not in a stroller do not attend your scheduled appointment with you in support of facilitating physical distancing and capacity limitations.
- Capacity for the Fitness Centre is 50 and Indoor Track is 20 each hour.
If you haven’t had a chance a download the app – do it today so you can schedule your appointment!
App Store or Google Play
Unlimited access to the Fitness Centre and Track is included with your membership or paid daily admission. Check in at Guest Services to receive a wristband (required to access the Fitness Centre and Track).
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday: 5 a.m. - 10 p.m.
Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
If you are purchasing a day admission pass or renewing your membership please visit our Guest Services team on the main floor. We do not accept any type of payment (cash, debit, credit or cheques) at the fitness desk.
View all of our drop-in schedules and registered programs on Live Leduc.
Supervision and Age Requirements
- 16 years: unsupervised.
- Youth aged 14-15: unsupervised, only after completing the youth orientation (Teen Fit).
- Youth aged 12-13: actively supervised by an adult, after completing the youth orientation (Teen Fit).
- Walking Track: all participants under 12 must be actively supervised by an individual that is 18 years of age or older. Maximum of four youth to one supervisor.
Fitness Centre Equipment & Amenities
The 9,000 square foot Fitness Centre features a variety of state-of-the-art fitness and weight training equipment.
- Cardio Equipment: Touch-screen LCD displays, with 17" high definition TV's, USB and iPod connectivity.
- Virtual Trainer provides motivating visualizations, tips and feedback in addition to custom-feedback program building and tracking.
- Treadmills and cross trainers equipped with Internet connectivity and Lifescape courses.
- Specialized Strength Training and Free Weights: Target specific muscle groups with resistance training equipment, strength equipment, cable machines and squat racks.
- Four-lane track: Created for the 2008 AB Winter Games; accommodates every age and ability.
Free Orientation for Adults & Teens
A free orientation is available if you're new to fitness or just need a refresher. Meet with one of our Fitness Attendants to learn proper use of equipment, general guidelines for exercise, etiquette and safety information. Our staff can also answer any questions you may have.
Our Teen Fit orientation is for youth aged 12-15, and is a pre-requisite to use the fitness centre, track, and to attend drop-in fitness activities. You'll learn basic fitness centre etiquette, safety, resistance training, anatomy and program design. Orientations are held regularly; please contact the Fitness Centre desk at 780-980-8455.
What to Bring
- Wear indoor, non-skid, closed-toed footwear and comfortable clothing.
- Dress appropriately for your activity and our family-friendly facility. Please change out of jeans, as the rivets may damage our upholstery.
- A non-breakable water bottle.