RE/MAX Fitness Centre & AWG Indoor Track
Things you need to know
Latest Update May 6, 2021
Change of Date for the Facility temporarily closing - now scheduled for Friday, May 7 at 9:01 p.m.
Starting 9:01 p.m., Friday, May 7, 2021, the Leduc Recreation Centre will be closing to public access following mandatory public health measures that will be in place for at least the next three (3) weeks, per the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services. Please note the following:
- Organizations, individuals and events with bookings (Arena, Courts and Fieldhouse) will be cancelled between May 8 – 30 at minimum. Users who have been impacted will be contacted to discuss rescheduling options.
- All Indoor Aquatic Centre Private Household bookings will be cancelled and refunded. These cancellations will be prioritized if/when we are able to begin taking bookings again.
- First Aid courses scheduled on May 12 & 15 will be cancelled.
- Personal training - sessions scheduled until closing on Friday, May 7. Then no longer offered as of Saturday, May 8. All existing personal training packages will have their expiry date extended by the length of our closure.
- Outdoor fitness classes – scheduled until Saturday, May 8. Then no longer offered as of Sunday, May 9.
- Decisions on Recreation Spring Set 2 Programs will be made in the coming days. Updated information will be provided as soon as decisions have been made.
- Monthly, Continuous and Annual memberships will be placed on hold and membership terms will be extended.
- No automatic payments will be processed until we re-open.
- Lifemark Physiotherapy will remain open at this time. Please reach out to them directly 780-986-2599 to understand their process and protocols.
Thank you for being safe, kind and patient. We’re in this together. We’ll get through it together.
Update April 6, 2021
Update March 5, 2021
RE/MAX Fitness Centre and Indoor Track
Things you should know before coming
- Scan your membership card at the Fitness Centre desk during regular hours of operation. The Fitness Desk cannot accept any form of payment for admission.
- New disinfecting wipe dispensers have been installed, these wipes are to be used to wipe down all touch points of equipment and accessories.
- Foam rollers will not be available at this time.
- Resistance bands, skipping rope and massage balls will be available to sign out only. Please see fitness desk to sign one out during your appointment time.
- Changerooms will be open with a limited amount of lockers available, however please come ready for your workout.
- Drop-in group fitness opportunities held in the three zones on the 3rd level will have cubbies available for your belongings as lockers are limited in the Fitness Centre changerooms. (Group fitness classes cancelled until further notice. Now offering Virtual Fitness Registered Programming.)
- Water fountains will have bottle filling only, the mouthpiece will be disabled. Please remember a water bottle.
- There will be the small coin lockers available for keys and your wallet but the number of lockers is limited.
- There will be workout areas for free weights marked to ensure physical distancing.
- Some equipment will be moved to Indoor Track to accommodate physical distancing.
- The Indoor Track is stroller friendly during this time, we ask that any children not in a stroller do not attend your scheduled appointment with you in support of facilitating physical distancing and capacity limitations.
If you haven’t had a chance a download the app – do it today so you can schedule your appointment!
App Store or Google Play
Unlimited access to the Fitness Centre and Track is included with your membership or paid daily admission. Check in at Guest Services to receive a wristband (required to access the Fitness Centre and Track).
Hours of Operation
Saturday & Sunday: 8 a.m. - 9 p.m.
If you are purchasing a day admission pass or renewing your membership please visit our Guest Services team on the main floor. We do not accept any type of payment (cash, debit, credit or cheques) at the fitness desk.
View all of our drop-in schedules and registered programs on Live Leduc.
Supervision and Age Requirements
- 16 years: unsupervised.
- Youth aged 14-15: unsupervised, only after completing the youth orientation (Teen Fit).
- Youth aged 12-13: actively supervised by an adult, after completing the youth orientation (Teen Fit).
- Walking Track: all participants under 14 must be actively supervised by an individual that is 18 years of age or older. Maximum of four youth to one supervisor.
Fitness Centre Equipment & Amenities
The 9,000 square foot Fitness Centre is located on the second floor of the LRC and features a variety of state-of-the-art fitness and weight training equipment.
- Cardio Equipment: Life Fitness Discover SE line which includes the following:
- 10 Treadmills
- 8 Cross Trainers
- 5 Recumbent bikes
- 8 Upright bikes
- Specialty pieces such as rowers, PowerMill, Jacob’s Ladder, Assault bikes and AirRunner treadmill
- All cardio pieces have touch-screen LCD displays with 17" high definition TV's, USB, Internet and iPod connectivity.
- Virtual Trainer on cardio equipment provides motivating visualizations, tips and feedback in addition to custom-feedback program building and tracking.
- Specialized Strength Training and Free Weights: Target specific muscle groups with a wide range of selectorized strength machines, Smith machines and squat racks. Free weights ranging from 2lb-130lb.
- Functional Training Equipment: Synrgy360 XM unit, dual cable pulley, Olympic lifting equipment & accessories.
- Dedicated Rest & Recovery studio and another general purpose fitness studio
- Changerooms: coin-operated lockers available, showers, changing area & bathrooms
The 4-lane Alberta Winter Games Running Track is located on the 3rd floor of the LRC and features 4 lanes ranging from 175-200m.
- Elevator accessible & stroller friendly
- Walking aids available for those who may require assistance
- Features the High Performance Zone, a dedicated private personal training space equipped with Hammer Strength & Life Fitness functional training equipment
- Cycling Zone features state of the art Keiser m3i spin bikes equipped with integrated Keiser workout tracking technology
- Group Training Zone available for public use features free weights & other functional accessories
Free Orientation for Adults & Teens
A free orientation is available if you're new to fitness or just need a refresher. Meet with one of our Fitness Attendants to learn proper use of equipment, general guidelines for exercise, etiquette and safety information. Our staff can also answer any questions you may have.
Our Teen Fit orientation is for youth aged 12-15, and is a pre-requisite to use the fitness centre, track, and to attend drop-in fitness activities. You'll learn basic fitness centre etiquette, safety, resistance training, anatomy and program design. Orientations are held on the following days and times: Adults (16+) Tuesdays 1 p.m. and Thursdays 6 p.m.: Teens (age 12 - 15) Wednesdays 5 p.m. Please call Guest Services at 780-980-7120 to book your orientation.
What to Bring
- Wear indoor, non-skid, closed-toed footwear and comfortable clothing.
- Dress appropriately for your activity and our family-friendly facility. Please change out of jeans, as the rivets may damage our upholstery.
- A non-breakable water bottle.