Councillor Beverly Beckett
Infrastructure & Planning LiaisonOn City Council
Deputy mayor (May and September 2017)
Board, Committee & Association Appointments:
- Capital Region Southwest Water Services Commission
- Leduc Regional Chamber of Commerce Executive
- Water commission
- Leduc Environmental Advisory Board (alternate)
- Citizen Recognition Committee
- Grant Application Review Sub Committee
- Leduc Community Drug Action Committee
- Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts
Councillor Beverly Beckett was born and raised in Saskatchewan, following Grade 12 graduation, she moved to Alberta and has lived here since. She moved to Leduc in 1977 and is a Registered Massage Therapist, certified at Grant MacEwan College. She is a former owner of a downtown business and held a professional practice for 33 years. She has two adult sons, three step sons and one step daughter, seven grand children, and one great-grand son.
She is the past chair of Leduc Downtown Progress Association, director of Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts, past director of Leduc Regional Chamber of Commerce, current chair of finance at St. David's United Church. Coun. Beckett sat on the board that created the City of Leduc Heraldic Coat of Arms, Flag and Badge in 2004. She received a 2010 Citizen of Distinction award and her philosophy is to 'bloom where you are planted.' She enjoys life serving Leduc in many capacities.