Mock Council - Student Program
The City of Leduc Mock Council program is a wonderful way to introduce students to the role and function of Municipal Government. The program provides students with an opportunity to role play Mayor, Council and city’s administrative staff for a couple of hours, providing them with basic knowledge of how city government works.
During the 2018/19 school year, we had approximately 500 students from 20 grade six classes representing all 11 elementary schools. With the popularity of the program, the City of Leduc will host classes throughout the 2019/20 school year.
Please take a moment to review the following information:
- Request a Mock Council Session for your class
- Preparing for Mock Council
- Mock Council preparation package
- Sample Mock Council script (these scripts may change from year to year but will generally follow this format)
- Participant Information Form
- How Municipal Government works and how you can be involved
- Mock Council Presentation slides
In addition to the above documents, you may wish to see real Council and Committee of the Whole Agendas and Minutes, along with information about our current Mayor and Council Members.