Blue Bag Recycling & Recyclable Material
The golden rule of blue bag recycling: all recyclables must be clean and dry and put in a blue recycle bag. The materials in the table below go in blue recycle bags for proper and safe disposal.
Recent global recycling restrictions will have a limited impact on the City of Leduc’s recycling program. We’re working closely with our waste and recycling collector to ensure Leduc’s program continues to meet industry standards. More information will be available in the fall; however Leduc’s program currently limits accepted plastic materials, so further changes will be smaller in scale. Until then, please continue to sort your waste, recycling and organics according to our Sort Smart database. For more information, call the Eco Smart Hotline at 780-980-7107.
|Bleach jugs||Dish soap bottles||Fabric softener bottles||Ice cream pails||Margarine tubs|
|Medicine bottles (empty)||Plastic bottles/tubs/jugs||Take-out containers (no Styrofoam)||Yogurt containers|
|Tin/aluminum Cans & Plates|
|Aluminum cans||Aluminum foil (clean)||Aluminum pie plates (clean)||Aluminum take-out containers (clean)||Cans|
|Metal/tin can lids||Soup/vegetable cans||Tin cans|
|Ad inserts||Greeting cards||Books||Catalogues||Computer paper|
|Envelopes||Fast food containers (paper/rinsed)||Flyers||Gift wrap (non-metallic)||Loose paper|
|Mixed papers||Newspapers||Napkins/plates/cups (clean)||Phone books||Soft cover books|
|Appliance boxes (flattened)||Boxboard (cereal/tissue boxes)||Boxes (flattened)||Cardboard (clean)||Carboard egg cartons|
|Cereal boxes||Detergent boxes (empty)||Moving boxes (cut up)||Shoe boxes||*Cardboard must be 2'x3' or smaller. Cut up larger boxes.|
|Beer cans||Juice bottles||Milk cartons||Milk jugs||Pop bottles|
|Pop cans||Tetra-pak food/drink containers||Water bottles||**Refundable at bottle depot|
The materials in the table below DO NOT go in blue recycle bags.
|Organics||Waste||E-waste||Hazardous household materials|
Preparing Your Recyclables
- Place material loose in the blue bag.
- Break down all boxes so they are flat.
- Cut up larger boxes. The maximum size of cardboard pieces which will be picked up is 2' x 3'.
- Rinse all plastic and tin materials.
- Fold tin can lids inside the can if the lid is still attached, or place detached lids inside the can.
- Never recycle a loose, sharp lid because of the safety risk to sorting staff.
- Remove lids from plastic containers. Rinse and recycle both lid and container.
- Rinse metal lids from glass jars.
- Remove hard covers from books.
- The maximum allowable weight of a blue bag out for collection is 26 kg