Effective April 28, 2020, the Eco Station is open with regular hours.
COVID-19 related safety measures are in affect as we process your materials. Eco Station staff will be wearing personal protective equipment for everyone’s safety. We ask the public to respect the following safety guidelines:
- Do not visit the Eco Station if you feel sick or have any COVID-19 symptoms: cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat.
- Pre-sort at home to minimize time at the Eco Station.
- Containers for used oil and other hazardous waste will not be returned.
- Cars may be queued to gain access to the site to ensure physical distancing.
- Please remain in vehicle until approached by Eco Station staff.
- Only one person will be allowed out of a vehicle.
- When on site, respect safe distancing guidelines between others.
- Please follow all signs relating to product drop-off and safe handling of materials.
- Only handle your own material. Do not handle any other material dropped off by others.
- Disposal of bagged waste is currently free – please limit to two bags. Please double bag any medical waste.
- Bring your own shovel and pail to pick up compost and mulch.
Please note that the following items are not currently accepted:
- Clothing and textile donations
- Book and media donations
We kindly ask customers for their patience and cooperation during this time. Thank you for continuing your waste sorting and recycling efforts!
The Eco Station offers all residents, schools and businesses a staffed drop-off location designed to divert a range of material from the landfill. We welcome small loads of materials for recycling and safe disposal. Due to the size of the facility, the size of each load may be limited to material that fits in the trunk of a car or the back of a pickup truck.
|Scrap metal recycling BBQs, old utensils, auto parts, rebar, etc. (NO large items)||Glass recycling clean and clear glass containers only (NO pyrex, mirrors, etc - these go in your black cart). Do not put glass in your blue bag. Refundables go to the Bottle Depot.||Tire recycling tires between 8" - 39"
(NO bicycle tires or rims)
|Propane tank disposal less than 20 lbs||CLOSED - Clothing donations with Canadian Mental Health Association||Cooking oil disposal empty containers and used oil|
|Book and media donations swap table in partnership with Leduc Public Library. Opening Fall 2020.||Florescent bulbs and tubes recycling||Mulch giveaway (free) limited quantity per customer|
Materials Accepted Free of Charge
- Blue bag recyclables
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Organic waste
- Household waste, bagged (first bag free; additional bags $2 each)
- Household hazardous waste
- Electronic waste (e-waste)
Hazardous & E-waste Options for Schools
The Eco Station accepts all e-waste and hazardous waste from Leduc schools, free of charge. School representatives can also drop off all e-waste at the Regional Waste Management Facility free of charge. Please take larger loads of garden waste to the Yard Waste Transfer Station.
Location & Hours
*Please note that the Eco Station is closed on all Statutory Holidays.