The Family Support Program provides assistance to families and individuals within the City of Leduc. The Family Support Coordinator encourages asset development through:
One-on-one support: We work directly with clients in the FCSS office or at a designated public space to help families and individuals access resources and develop skills and strategies in response to life struggles. We often partner with other supporting agencies to assist individuals and families in accessing necessary services.
Community education: We offer educational opportunities to parents of younger children, community agencies, schools, and local businesses to build their skills and potential. Some examples of educational opportunities include Family Violence in the Workplace and Children in Change.
Community development: We work together with schools and other organizations in the community to provide quality events and programming to help families lead healthy and happy lives.
What are some of the reasons to call Family Support?
- You’re interested in finding affordable counselling
- You're feeling stressed/overwhelmed
- You have a child between the ages of 6-12 and you’re looking for support/resources
- You’re an adult of 18 years or older looking for support/resources
- You have questions about what services are available in the City of Leduc
- You or someone you know is experiencing family violence
For more information contact Family Support at 780-980-7109.