Family Violence Prevention
For quick close, Alt + F4 (Windows), Command + Q (Mac)
If you or someone you know is experiencing family violence you can call the 24-hour Family Violence Information Line (toll-free) at 310-1818. If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.
- Cover your online tracks – clear your browsing history and activate this page in a private browser to prevent your activity information from being stored and accessible.
FCSS can help you if:
- You are seeking help creating a safety plan for yourself or family.
- You need to be connected with services, supports, and referrals for financial resources, legal advice and resources, housing options, and health and mental health support.
- You have questions on the impacts of family violence.
- You are looking for information on resources for individuals who are concerned about their loved ones being involved in an abusive relationship.
- You are concerned about an individuals abusive behaviours or about your own abusive behaviours towards family members.
Please contact FCSS at 780-980-7109 for additional information.
What is abuse?
- Family Violence Information Line (toll free): 310-1818
- Chat online alberta.ca/SafetyChat
- Alberta’s ONE LINE for Sexual Violence: 1-866-403-8000
- Sexual Assault Centre of Edmonton (24 hours): 780-423-4102
- Alberta Supports Contact Centre: 1-877-644-9992
- Alberta Council of Women's Shelters (toll free): 1-866-331-3933
- Child Abuse Hotline: 1-800-387-KIDS (5437)
- RiseUp Society: 780-739-7473
- Camrose Women’s Shelter Society: 780-672-1035 or 1-877-672-1010
- Leduc & District Victim Services: 780-980-7232
- Edmonton Seniors Abuse Help Line: 780-454-8888
Resources & Support