Councillor Glen Finstad
Community and Protective ServicesOn City Council
Deputy Mayor for June and August 2019
Board, Committee and Association Appointments
- Emergency Advisory Committee
- Alternative Municipal Structure Project – Steering Committee
- City of Leduc /Leduc County Inter-Municipal Development Plan Committee (IDP)
- Council Remuneration Committee
- Sub-Committee of FCSS: Leduc Community Drug Action Committee (Alternate)
- Leduc Environmental Advisory Board (Alternate)
- Edmonton Global (Alternate)
- Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board (Alternate)
- Edmonton Regional Waste Advisory Committee
- Leduc Downtown Business Association
Born and raised Albertan, Glen Finstad and his wife June moved to Leduc in 1981 and quickly became immersed in the community, including the Black Gold Rodeo and Leduc Lions. Glen has been involved in most of Leduc’s minor sports, as a parent, coach and member of the executive, for groups like minor hockey, baseball, softball and broomball. Later, Glen and June took time for themselves and joined the Leduc Recreational Ball League and the curling club, where he was president for two years.
Glen and his wife have bought, sold and started several businesses over the past 15 years. He has a passion for coaching and mentoring other business owners and currently provides income security for families, business owners, employees in high-risk occupations, and parents of active youth. He was a board member with Leduc Regional Chamber of Commerce and has also volunteered with Leduc-Nisku EDA. This is Glen’s third term on city council and he is looking forward to giving to the community that has given so much to his family.