Councillor Glen Finstad
Community & Protective Services Department LiaisonOn City Council
Deputy Mayor (June and October 2017)
Boards, Committee & Association Appointments:
- Capital Region Board - Transit Task Force (alternate)
- Capital Region Board - Governance, Priorities and Finance Committee
- Capital Region Waste Minimization Committee
- Emergency Advisory Committee
- Leduc and District Regional Waste Management Authority (alternate)
- Leduc Environmental Advisory Board
- Leduc Family and Community Support Services Board
- Leduc Community Drug Action Committee (alternate)
- Community Safety Advisory Committee (alternate)
- Grant Application Review Sub Committee
- Alberta Care director
- Leduc Nighthawks Citizens on Patrol
Councillor Glen Finstad was born, raised and educated in Alberta (although he did spend a few months in B.C. and four years in Regina). He and his wife June moved to Leduc in 1981 and have never regretted it. The Finstads quickly became immersed in the community, including the Black Gold Rodeo, Leduc Lions (until the rodeo, continuing education, working and raising a family consumed his time). Councillor Finstad has been involved in most of Leduc’s minor sports (as a very interested parent, coach or member of the executive), including minor hockey, baseball, softball and broomball. Later, Glen and June took time for themselves and joined the Leduc Recreational Ball League and the curling club (Glen was president for 2 years).
Councillor Finstad and his wife have bought, sold and started several businesses over the past 15 years. He has a passion for coaching and mentoring other business owners. He is currently contracted to provide Customer Relationship Management training and oversight, as well as customer relations management.
He was a board member with Leduc Regional Chamber of Commerce and has also volunteered with Leduc-Nisku EDA. This is Councillor Finstad's 2nd term on city council and he is looking forward to giving to the community that has given so much to his family.