Updated February 5, 2021
Starting Feb. 8, 2021 per the Government of Alberta’s ‘Path Forward’ << https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#jumplinks-4>>, please note the following services available to our community:
- Indoor, one-on-one fitness training services (must be booked with a fitness trainer). Virtual fitness programming will continue.
- Ice and field house one-on-one sport training is available and must be through a professional, certified and/or paid trainer providing active instruction
- Ice and field house private bookings (working to identify max. pairing numbers allowable on each surface)
- Aquatics one-on-one training and instruction (sport organizations only at this time)
- School use for curriculum-based activities are permitted at the Leduc Recreation Centre and Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts
- In-person pre-school programs will continue to be held at Kinsmen Hall
- LRC memberships will remain on hold
All one-on-one training requires the trainer to wear a mask. Clients are not required to wear a mask when training.
Other amenities impacted in Step 1 include:
- Warming centre will continue at the Leduc Civic Centre. Should folks need a space between 4 and 9 p.m., when the homeless shelter opens, the LRC will be available.
- Alexandra Arena ice will be removed for the seasons
- Curling rink ice will be removed as the season was cancelled by the Leduc Curling Club
- Aspen Custom Trailers Arena (formerly known as the Sobeys Arena) fate will be determined next week considering the cancellations of Dairy Congress and the Black Gold Rodeo for this year. Current ice rental contracts will be reviewed with user groups in anticipation of Steps 2 and 3.
Things you need to know - drop in opportunities in the Co-op Fieldhouse and Leduc County Courts
- Check-in with Guest Services 10 minutes prior to your scheduled time.
Pre-booked spots will be held for 10 minutes past the appointment start time. If you are more than 10 minutes late, your spot will be released for a walk-in patron.
Please come ready for your activity. There will be no dressing room access due to space requirements and disinfecting protocols.
Lockers will not be available. Limit personal belongings to a labeled water bottle and equipment to play.
Shoe racks will be located at each court and the fieldhouse for outdoor shoes during your use
Washrooms will be available in the main corridor, across from the fireplace.
The water fountains will have bottle filling only. The mouth piece will be disabled so please remember your water bottle.
Entrances and exits must be different to alleviate cross over transmission between uses. To accommodate this, there are designated entry and exits for County of Leduc Courts and Co-op Fieldhouse.
Disinfectant stations are available. Disinfecting all equipment is recommended before and after use.
The Fieldhouse and Courts will be CLOSED every couple hours to facilitate our cleaning protocols that have been put in place. Please refer to the schedule to confirm when so you can time your visit.
All users of the fieldhouse and arenas, whether you are participating or not, will require a scheduled booking and to pay admission. This will help manage the overall numbers allowed within the amenity as per the guidelines in place.
Remember to Download the Live Leduc App to reserve your spot, schedule your drop-in appointment. Please ensure you book an appointment for the number of people coming to enjoy the activity of your choice e.g. if you have a cohort of 4, choose 4 people from the drop-down – all will be under the Mobile App users name.
|Badminton||up to 2 people on each net (1 vs. 1)||Net 1 & 3 available||Not permitted at this time|
|Basketball||only 1 person per net (half court)||Net 1 & 2 available|
|Pickleball||up to 2 people on each net (1 vs. 1)||Net 1 & 3 available||Not permitted at this time|
|Lacrosse||up to 8 people on each net||6 nets available||Not permitted at this time|
|Soccer||up to 8 people in total (play 4 on 4)||Not permitted at this time|
|Tennis||up to 2 people (1 vs. 1)||Not permitted at this time|
|Volleyball||up to 8 people in total (play 4 on 4)||Not permitted at this time|
Occasionally, we have to change our schedule or cancel drop-in programs to allow for special events or room maintenance. We post updates on our Facebook page, as well the LRC homepage. To prevent disappointment, please remember to confirm the facility schedules before arriving.