Private bookings for the fieldhouse has resumed.Users must follow all public health orders outlined by the Province of Alberta and Alberta Health Services.Please contact email@example.com or call 780-980-7118 for booking.There are some updates that may affect your bookings - things you need to know.
Things you need to know
Updated February 5, 2021
Starting Feb. 8, 2021 per the Government of Alberta’s ‘Path Forward’ << https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#jumplinks-4>>, please note the following services available to our community:
- Indoor, one-on-one fitness training services (must be booked with a fitness trainer). Virtual fitness programming will continue.
- Ice and field house one-on-one sport training is available and must be through a professional, certified and/or paid trainer providing active instruction
- Ice and field house private bookings (working to identify max. pairing numbers allowable on each surface)
- Aquatics one-on-one training and instruction (sport organizations only at this time)
- School use for curriculum-based activities are permitted at the Leduc Recreation Centre and Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts
- In-person pre-school programs will continue to be held at Kinsmen Hall
- LRC memberships will remain on hold
All one-on-one training requires the trainer to wear a mask. Clients are not required to wear a mask when training.
Other amenities impacted in Step 1 include:
- Warming centre will continue at the Leduc Civic Centre. Should folks need a space between 4 and 9 p.m., when the homeless shelter opens, the LRC will be available.
- Alexandra Arena ice will be removed for the seasons
- Curling rink ice will be removed as the season was cancelled by the Leduc Curling Club
- Aspen Custom Trailers Arena (formerly known as the Sobeys Arena) fate will be determined next week considering the cancellations of Dairy Congress and the Black Gold Rodeo for this year. Current ice rental contracts will be reviewed with user groups in anticipation of Steps 2 and 3.
Our fieldhouses are host to a variety of sports like badminton, pickleball, tennis, volleyball and so many more. Access is included with your membership or paid daily admission.
There are 2 indoor fieldhouses: the Leduc County Fieldhouse is the larger space, and is suitable for large field sports, or can be divided with curtains to accommodate smaller court bookings. The Co-Op Fieldhouse is ideal for full-field sports that require artificial turf or a netting enclosure.
- Please remove outdoor footwear prior to entering the Fieldhouses.
- Cubbies and lockers are provided for your convenience - not available at this time.
- No food or beverages are permitted in the fieldhouses.
- Only non-breakable water bottles are allowed.
Children under 7 must be actively supervised by an individual, 14 years of age or older, while participating in drop-in leisure activities in the fieldhouses. Maximum 4 children to 1 supervisor.
For more information, please contact:
Fieldhouse Schedule: 780-980-7120
Leisure Services Supervisor: 780-980-8406
The Fieldhouse is shared between many community groups, sports teams and clubs. Activities are grouped on the schedule to allow for a variety of sports. The drop-in opportunities allows for both free play time and scheduled sports.
Occasionally, we have to change our schedule or cancel drop-in programs to allow for special events or room upgrades. We post updates on our Facebook page, as well the LRC homepage. To prevent disappointment, please remember to confirm the facility schedules before arriving.
Stay safe! Please be careful when walking between the courts in the Leduc County Fieldhouse. Keep an eye out for misdirected balls and ensure your children wait until it's safe before they enter the play field.
Equipment (Not available at this time.)
The LRC has a variety of sports equipment that can be checked out from East Guest Services (next to the fieldhouses). To check equipment out, you'll need to show your wristband and your requested equipment must be appropriate for the scheduled activities.
Can the equipment be changed over if I would like to play a different sport?
No. The leisure schedule has been created to bring together people with similar interests at the same time. We cannot make changes to meet individual needs as the schedule has been developed based on usage, feedback and availability of the courts and staff.
Can I bring my own equipment from home?
Yes, please ensure that your equipment is clean and free of debris and that it pertains to the scheduled sport.
If there is no one using the fieldhouse can I use it until the next booking?
Yes, however, equipment set up requests will not be accommodated and you will need to simply use what is currently set up. Once the next user arrives you will have to exit the field.