School Programs & Swims
Swim Lessons for Schools
Please note: Due to an ongoing critical staffing shortage, we have made the difficult decision to postpone school swimming lessons for the fall 2022 session. Our Programs staff will be in touch with all affected schools and we will do our best to be able to run school lessons again in 2023.
The LRC Aquatic Centre offers swim lessons for school children of all ages. Your school will receive the same high-quality programs as we offer to our public. Our certified instructors are dedicated to offering age-appropriate learning through games, songs and drills, a focus on the child's safety, comfort and love of aquatic environments.
School swim lessons are offered in a variety of 8-Lesson sets:
- Once per week – Mondays, Tuesday, Wednesdays OR Thursdays
- Twice per week – Tuesdays & Thursdays
- Condensed Two-Week Sets – Monday through Thursday OR Tuesday through Friday
Specialty Programs for Schools
Water Fitness Programs – stroke improvement, and deep or shallow water Aqua-Fit.
First Aid Programs – Red Cross CPR Level A, CPR Level C, and Babysitting Certification Courses.
Aquatic Leadership Programs – Lifeguarding or Instructing sample courses. Participants would NOT come away with certifications.
- School Lesson Information Package | Information for schools considering the LRC's School Swimming Lesson Programs for the current school year will be posted when available.
- School Lesson Quick Reference | Information for schools considering the LRC's School Swimming Lesson Programs for the current school year will be posted when available.
- Session Dates | Information for schools considering the LRC's School Swimming Lesson Programs for the current school year will be posted when available.
- Class Roster Form | Use this form to create a class list for scholl swim lessons. Please fill out all information.
- Teacher Information | Important information for teachers on School Swimming Lessons.
- Letter to Parents | Important information for parents on School Swimming Lessons.
- New Swimmer Information | Information on the Red Cross Swim levels for those unsure of what level to register their swimmers in.
- Special Needs Participant Form | The information requested on this form assists us in providing accommodation for swimmers with special needs.
We offer recreational swims, or “rec swims” for schools all year long. Similar to a public swim, many schools book some time with us to provide a fun and active “treat” for their students while meeting Phys Ed curriculum. Your students will get to have fun at our facility and maybe even put to good use some of the skills they learn in swimming lessons.
Rec swim bookings are available Monday-Friday between 9am and 3pm.
Book your year-end swim outdoors! There's no better place to entertain your students than the Alexandra Outdoor Pool . Available times are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
Contact Aquatic Services at 780-980-7198 ext. 6040 for info and pricing.
Your school can choose to combine swimming lessons with a field house booking. This can be especially convenient if your school is located further from our facility or if your class sizes are quite large.