The Spray Park is scheduled to open Monday, May 29, weather permitting.
Did you know?
As springtime temperatures get warmer, interest in the Spray Park increases. Please remember that city crews need consistently warm weather to begin preparation for the park's opening, which can take up to a week due to the many complex tests and equipment calibrations required. Although temperatures in April and May can be high during the daytime, overnight temperatures still pose a risk of freezing. Short-term forecasts in the spring can often be unreliable and sometimes complicate the preprartion process.
In 2017, repairs to the pool "runway" need to be completed prior to opening day. Cool and wet weather may also delay these repairs.
The Spray Park is located directly beside the Alexandra Outdoor Pool at #5 Alexandra Park.
The Spray Park is FREE to use.
Hours of operation
Daily: 10am-8pm (May 29 - Sept. 17)
2017 Summer stat holidays (July 1, Aug. 7 & Sept. 4): 9am-9pm.
Before you go: check the weather
For most people, 18 degrees is the minimum comfortable temperature for outdoor aquatics. Temperatures in Leduc during June and August often dip below 18 degrees. Please be cautious, especially with small children, when using the Spray Park on these days.
Use of the Alexandra Pool change rooms are permitted during pool operating hours but the pool itself is a paid admission area. A single washroom stall located on the northeast corner of the outdoor pool building is available when the pool is closed. This washroom is not equipped with a shower.
Spray Park Rules
Because the water is filtered, treated and sent back to the spray deck, we must treat the spray park as a pool. To help keep the spray park open and operating, please follow the below rules and guidelines
- Children 8 and under must be supervised by an responsible person 14 years or older at all times.
- Walk in the spray park, the deck gets slippery!
- Please do not swing, climb, or hang on any of the equipment.
- You cannot reserve the spray park, availability is offered on a first come first served basis.
- You must shower before entering spray park.
- You must wear proper swim attire – no denim or other street clothes.
- Swim diapers are required for children not toilet-trained.
- People with open sores or any contagious condition are not permitted in the spray park.
- Food and drinks can be consumed on grassed areas only (non-breakable containers only).
- We reserve the right to close the spray park and immediate areas due to weather, mechanical issues, or other circumstances as deemed by aquatic staff.
- You may be asked to leave the spray park if not in compliance with rules and policies.
- Those under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be asked to leave.
- No alcoholic beverages on or around the spray park.
- No smoking in any public park in Leduc, including the Spray Park
- The City of Leduc is not responsible for lost or stolen possessions. Leave valuables at home.
Please keep the following off the spray deck:
- Bikes, scooters, rollerblades, or skateboards.
- Outdoor footwear.
- Pets (unless they are a Certified Service Animal).
- Water balloons.
- Glass containers are not permitted at the spray park
Did You Know
The Spray Park utilizes a recirculating system and operates similar to a swimming pool by recycling filtered and treated water. This greatly reduces the amount of water needed to operate the Spray Park.
Don't forget about sun safety!