Technology has its benefits – how did we answer questions before Google?! – but it’s important not to overdo it. Too much of a good thing can lead to some serious problems, and technologies like television and other electronic devices are no exception.
Studies have shown that too much time plugged in to your TV, tablet, computer or smartphone can harm relationships and cause mental and physical health issues, so we want to help Leduc community members to ‘unplug’ and reap the benefits of taking part in local activities and events that promote healthy lifestyles as well as relationship building and connection.
There are so many ways to unplug in Leduc this summer! The City of Leduc would like to continue to encourage residents of all ages to enjoy the warm weather and participate by unplugging from technology, and heading outside to enjoy the many green spaces and recreational facilities we have in the community. Check out the list below of events and activities you can take part in this September:
- Head to the pool and help us give back to the community by bringing a food bank donation and your admission is free for the Food Bank Swim at the Alexandra Swim. (Sept. 2)
- Dust off your boots and get ready for some old-time, toe-tappin', boot-stompin' dance action at the Hoedown for the Hungry (Sept. 7)
- Grab tickets to the George Canyon, Hit After Hit Tour starring Doc Walker and Charlie Major at the Maclab Centre (Sept. 8)
- Sign up with your friends for the Youth Trip to Launch Pad Trampoline (ages 12 - 17) (Sept. 14)
- Register for the Terry Rox Run and help Leduc reach it's fundraising goal (Sept. 15)
- Check our immersive cultural activities at hubs around Leduc during Culture Days (Sept. 27 - 29)
- The 6th annual Chil-Eh Cook Off is taking place Sept. 28 on Main Street.
- Join your family and friends at the LRC Community Run to help celebrate 10 years of the LRC. Register today! (Sept. 29)
- Check out the Meadowview Dinosaur Park. Built to recognize the hadrosaur skelton that was discovered in meadowview, children of all ages can explore the prehistoric playground and bring their imagination to life!
- Take part in a ball hockey scrimmage at Alex Arena on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Available on a first-come, first serve basis, for patrons 8 - 17 years of age.
- Check out the Farmers Market every Thursday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Host a Tim Hortons Coffee Pop-Up in your neighbourhood
- Take part in registered and/or drop-in programs at the Leduc Public Library
- Catch a show at Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts
- Relax with a picnic in one of Leduc's 50 parks and green spaces
- LRC Registered and/or drop-in programs
- Vist the Outdoor Fitness Park
- Go mountain biking at Lions Park
- Enjoy the warm weather and take your four-legged friend for a walk at one of the city's off-leash dog parks