Technology has its benefits – how did we answer questions before Google?! – but it’s important not to overdo it. Too much of a good thing can lead to some serious problems, and technologies like television and other electronic devices are no exception.
Studies have shown that too much time plugged in to your TV, tablet, computer or smartphone can harm relationships and cause mental and physical health issues, so we want to help Leduc community members to ‘unplug’ and reap the benefits of taking part in local activities and events that promote healthy lifestyles as well as relationship building and connection.
There are so many ways to unplug in Leduc! Check out the list below of events and activities you can take part in this winter:
- Friday Fun Skate at the LRC (Dec. 21)
- Take in a holiday light show at the Canadian Tire Magic of Lights at Castrol Raceway (until Jan. 5, 2019) or Leduc Country Lights display (until Dec. 30, 2018)
- Organize a terrarium party
- Register your children in an art class
- Do some cross-country skiing on the more than 6 km of freshly groomed trails in Leduc
- Take part in registered and/or drop-in programs at the Leduc Public Library
- Get a jump on keeping warm this winter by learning to knit a scarf
- Take in a live show at the Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts
- LRC Registered and/or drop-in programs
- Volunteer at a local charity or social service agency
- Visit the Dr. Woods House Museum