Utilities & Utility Payments
Utilities are billed every 60 days and bills are due the 15th of every month. A penalty is applied to any overdue account balances.
Your utility bill is comprised of the following:
- Flat water and wastewater rates
- Variable water and wastewater rates
- Storm rates
- Curbside collection
Please be aware the city does not provide natural gas or electricity. You will need to set up separate accounts with a third party to access those services.
For after-hours water and wastewater emergencies, contact: 780-980-7108.
Setting Up Utility Services
- Property owners can call 780-980-7177 to set up their account.
- Renters are required to fill out and sign all appropriate forms prior to opening a utility account.
- Online Form: Fill out our online form if you are Opening a new account, closing an existing account, or changing your mailing address on the account.
Utility forms can be faxed to 780-980-7127, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped off at the Leduc Civic Centre (48A Street & 46 Avenue).
Does the city require a deposit?
Yes. We require a deposit if you are not the registered owner of the property you are occupying. The residential account deposit is $225 and commercial/industrial accounts are determined by the water meter size (ranging from $225 - $5,000).
If you plan on paying your deposit through credit card, please fill out the Credit Card Authorization Form.
Utilities Consumer Advocate
Visit the Utilities Consumer Advocate website to compare electricity and gas prices in your area, view historical rates, or get help resolving utility related issues.