Stick and Puck Guidelines
Your guide to having an enjoyable, fun, and safe stick and puck experience at the LRC!
Pay & Play: Proof of admission is required. Players must wear an LRC wristband at all times so staff and other players know you’re legit!
Sign-In to Play: Stick and puck patrons can sign in at East Guest Services up to 1 hour prior to the scheduled time slot.
Max Players: To maximize your practice time, stick and puck has been limited to 40 patrons per drop-in session.
Stick and Puck Variations: We offer three variations of stick and puck to accommodate our patrons unique needs. These opportunities are intended for individual practice. Proof of age may be requested.
Adult and Child Stick and Puck is open to children ten years of age and under with active participation of an adult (18+) (1:2 adult to child ratio).
Family Stick and Puck is open to the entire family with active participation from an adult (18+) (1:4 adult to child/youth 17 and under ratio).
Adult Stick and Puck* is open to adults 18 years of age and older. (Equipment requirements for adults: full hockey equipment).
- Check-out our latest City Guide to find the right session for you!
- To minimize your risk of injuries all patrons under the age of 18 are required to wear FULL hockey equipment* and adults are required to wear a CSA certified helmet, gloves, and skates.
- Body-checking, rough play, slap shots, pick up games, scrimmages, and formal coaching are a no go!
- Set the hockey nets in place with their pins, close all gates that are not in use
- Stop practice immediately if requested by LRC staff.
- Pick-up any debris (broken sticks or blades) from the ice.
- Pack chips/holes in the ice immediately or contact a staff member if chips/holes appear in the ice.
Keep it Clean: Help keep our facility clean by respecting arena equipment and furnishings. Food, including sunflower seeds, alcoholic beverages, glass bottles and tobacco are not permitted in the change rooms, benches, or on the ice.
Kindness is Cool: We love the positive energy you bring to play at the LRC. Keep that energy flowing by treating LRC staff, and your fellow patrons the way you would like them to treat you.
General Reminders: Stick and puck etiquette is to enhance your experience during your practice time. It does not replace the City of Leduc, LRC Facility Use Guidelines and Expectations which are in effect for all public patrons and staff.
Be Safe and Have Fun!
*Full hockey equipment: CSA certified hockey helmet (with full faced mask for all patrons 17 and under), skates, neck guard, hockey pants, support cup, hockey gloves, shin/elbow/shoulder pads, and regulation hockey stick.