FCSS is here to assist anyone who is being bullied. You are not alone, and FCSS can connect you to the services that you need. For a confidential referral or more information contact the Leduc FCSS office at 780-980-7109.
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
Bullying Helpline 1-888-456-2323
Distress Line: 780-482-HELP(4357)
First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line: 1-855-242-3310
Resources & Support
|Bro Talk||Self-care Tips||Erase Bullying|
|PREVNet||Bullying Prevention||Pink Shirt Day|
Think Bigger Than Pink - It's more than one day, it's a movement to end bullying.
The purpose of Pink Shirt Day is to end bullying and in 2019, the City of Leduc invites you to Think Bigger Than Pink and make efforts to end bullying year round.
World Kindness Day - Nov. 13, 2019
Celebrate World Kindness Day with the City of Leduc by participating in everyday acts of kindness throughout our city as part of our 2019 'Think Bigger Than Pink' campaign.
- FREE Parent/Guardian Education Session: Raising Resilient Children - Oct. 24 at the LRC. Pre-registration required. Limited free childcare available. Please see the workshop page for more details and how to register to attend.
- Look out for our poster around town and download it here soon for your school, group or workplace.
- Complete your very own everyday act of kindness with our new #EverydayActions postcard, featuring one of the winning entries from our February Pink Shirt Day art contest. Find postcards in November at the Civic Centre, LRC or by contacting FCSS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Postcards will also be shared with local elementary schools.
- Spread kindness by leaving a message for someone else on World Kindness Day. Check out our social media posts leading up to and on World Kindness Day and join us at the LRC on Nov. 13 from 3:30 - 5:30 p.m. to get fun swag to help you get into the spirit of kindess!
- Be on the lookout for our road signs and an ad in the Leduc Rep encouraging everyday acts of kindness in our community.
Stop Cyberbullying Day - June 21, 2019
In honour of Stop Cyberbullying Day, the City of Leduc asked you to help us to change bullying behaviours and advocate kindness throughout our city by taking part in our 'Think Bigger Than Pink' campaign.
- We encouraged you to spread kind words on social media to challenge cyberbullying by sharing your message to someone who may be being bullied with the hashtag #BeKindOnlineLeduc and #ThinkBiggerThanPink, or comment on the City of Leduc's Think Bigger Than Pink Facebook posts.
- We hosted a FREE Parent Education Session: Raising Confident and Competent Children - June 27 at the LRC.
- Did you see our poster around town? You can still download it here for your school, group or workplace.
- We asked you to help us spread the word about resources for those affected by bullying by passing on our new youth resource bookmark, released in June. This bookmark featured one of the winning art contest entries.
- For businesses: did you know that harassment is defined as a workplace hazard for which prevention plans must be developed as outlined in the Alberta OHS code? Learn more and find free templates for your business on the Government of Alberta site.
Pink Shirt Day - February 27, 2019
The 2019 Pink Shirt Day focus was Cyberbullying. CKNW Kids’ Fund is reminding people to THINK before they post; ask yourself, is it: True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary and KIND?
- Did you see our Think Bigger Than Pink posters around town and on social media? They were reminding you that Pink Shirt Day is just one day, but we can support anti-bullying in our daily lives by Thinking Bigger Than Pink! You can download our February poster HERE.
- Art contest for elementary, junior and high schools in Leduc: Many schools in Leduc participated in our Pink Shirt Day art contest this year. You will see the winning artwork featured on future promotional items for 2019 anti-bullying initiatives and the class with the winning entry won a group prize!
- Pink Shirt Day school resources found HERE can help you promote Pink Shirt Day in your school year round.
- Did you WEAR PINK on Feb. 27 in support of Pink Shirt Day? Find images on social media with #PinkShirtDay #ThinkBiggerThanPink #PinkitForward
- Leduc businesses were invited to wear pink bowties on Feb. 27 in support of Pink Shirt Day.
The winners of our Think Bigger Than Pink Art Contest!
Thanks to all the Leduc schools that participated in our contest. We are happy to announce the winners of our two categories:
- Kindergarten-Grade 6: Theme – “What does it mean to be kind?” – Jeannette Kelsey Pagamocan – Art work featured on the postcard to be released in November.
- Grade 7-12: Theme – “It takes courage to be kind. Why is it important to ask for help?” – Katelyn Laverdiere – Art work featured on the youth resource bookmark released in June.
Congratulations to our winners!
If you want to get involved in Pink Shirt Day at your workplace, organization, school or club, please contact FCSS at email@example.com or call 780-980-7109 for ideas.