FCSS is here to assist anyone who is being bullied. You are not alone, and FCSS can connect you to the services that you need. For a confidential referral or more information contact the Leduc FCSS office at 780-980-7109.
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868
Bullying Helpline 1-888-456-2323
Distress Line: 780-482-HELP(4357)
First Nations and Inuit Hope for Wellness Help Line: 1-855-242-3310
Resources & Support
|Bro Talk||Self-care Tips||Erase Bullying|
|PREVNet||Bullying Prevention||Pink Shirt Day|
Think Bigger Than Pink - It's more than one day, it's a movement to end bullying.
The purpose of Pink Shirt Day is to end bullying and in 2019, the City of Leduc invites you to Think Bigger Than Pink and make efforts to end bullying year round.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: The winners of our Think Bigger Than Pink Art Contest!
Thanks to all the Leduc schools that participated in our contest. We are happy to announce the winners of our two categories:
Kindergarten-Grade 6: Theme – “What does it mean to be kind?” – Jeannette Kelsey Pagamocan
Grade 7-12: Theme – “It takes courage to be kind. Why is it important to ask for help?” – Katelyn Laverdiere
Congratulations to our winners! Be on the look out for their artwork on promotional items coming later this year!
Stop Cyberbullying Day - June 21, 2019
In honour of Stop Cyberbullying Day, the City of Leduc asks you to help us to change bullying behaviours and advocate kindness throughout our city by taking part in our ‘Think Bigger Than Pink’ campaign.
- Spread kind words on social media to challenge cyberbullying by sharing your message to someone who may be being bullied with the hashtag #BeKindOnlineLeduc and #ThinkBiggerThanPink, or comment on the City of Leduc’s Think Bigger Than Pink Facebook posts.
- Parent Education Session: Raising Confident and Competent Children – June 27th at the LRC. Pre-registration required. Please see the workshop page for more details.
- Look out for our poster around town and download it here for your school, group or workplace.
- Help us spread the word about resources for those affected by bullying by passing on our new Youth Resource Bookmark, to be released in June. Contact FCSS to obtain copies for youth you know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For businesses: did you know that harassment is defined as a workplace hazard for which prevention plans must be developed as outlined in the Alberta OHS code? Learn more and find free templates for your business on the Government of Alberta site.
Pink Shirt Day and other Anti-Bullying Initiatives
National Pink Shirt Day was inspired by two youth in Nova Scotia who were upset by a school mate being bullied because of his clothes. They took it upon themselves to band together and encourage the boys in their school to wear pink shirts to school the next day.
Pink Shirt Day - February 27, 2019
The 2019 Pink Shirt Day focus was Cyberbullying. CKNW Kids’ Fund is reminding people to THINK before they post; ask yourself, is it: True, Helpful, Inspiring, Necessary and KIND?
- Did you see our Think Bigger Than Pink posters around town and on social media? They were reminding you that Pink Shirt Day is just one day, but we can support anti-bullying in our daily lives by Thinking Bigger Than Pink! You can download our February poster HERE.
- Art Contest for elementary, junior and high schools in Leduc: Many schools in Leduc participated in our Pink Shirt Day art contest this year. You will see the winning artwork featured on future promotional items for 2019 anti-bullying initiatives and the class with the winning entry won a group prize!
- Schools resources found HERE an help you promote Pink Shirt Day in your school year round.
- Did you WEAR PINK on Feb 27 in support of Pink Shirt Day? Find images on social media with #PinkShirtDay #ThinkBiggerThanPink #PinkitForward
- Leduc businesses were invited to wear pink bowties on Feb 27 in support of Pink Shirt Day.
If you want to get involved in Pink Shirt Day at your workplace, organization, school or club, please contact FCSS at email@example.com or call 780-980-7109 for ideas.