The 1-day Red Cross Babysitter Course is an interactive, easy and fun program that will help prepare youth for their first job as a babysitter.
- Basic skills to care for babies, toddlers, preschoolers, and school-age children
- How to care for yourself and siblings when home alone
- How to create a safe environment, and deal with phone calls and unexpected visitors
- How to react confidently in case of an emergency, such as choking, bleeding, poisoning, or burns
- How to cope with common problems, such as tantrums and crying
- Games and activities to keep kids of all ages entertained
- How to manage a babysitting business, including creating a resume and a business card, and asking the right questions before accepting a babysitting job.
Upcoming Red Cross Babysitting Courses and Stay Safe Courses:
Babysitter Referral Service
Are you a parent looking for a babysitter? We can help you find a youth between the ages of 12 and 15 who have completed the Babysitter Program. Please fill out the Babysitter Inquiry Form below. Your information will be forwarded to our babysitter list, and available youth will be free to contact you. For more information, call 780-980-8461.