Outdoor Ice Surfaces
To ensure everyone's safety, please do not skate on closed ice surfaces. Patience is appreciated as crews work with the weather!
When weather and ice conditions permit, the City of Leduc offers a number of outdoor skating surfaces for residents and visitors.
HOURS: 5 a.m. - 11 p.m.
For ice locations, see the Outdoor Ice Skating Map.
*Status current as of Feb. 8, 2022
Recreational Skating Ice
- Telford Skating Oval - CLOSED
- Golf Course Oval at driving range (new!) - CLOSED
- Harry Beneirt Park - CLOSED
- Caledonia Park - CLOSED
- Deer Valley, Grant MacEwan Drive (new!) - CLOSED
- Leduc Civic Centre South Pond - CLOSED
- South Telford, Rugby Club (new!) - CLOSED
- Elks on Rollyview Road - CLOSED
- Robinson Community Park - CLOSED
- Kinsmen Rink - CLOSED
- Lions Rink at Aileen Faller Park - CLOSED
- Black Stone Rink - CLOSED
- Southfork Rink - CLOSED
- Leduc Civic Centre North Pond - CLOSED
Don't skate on storm water ponds
Skating is NOT permitted on storm water ponds.
- Storm water ponds have fluctuating water levels with potential depths that will not freeze solid
- There have been incidences of children falling through the ice in areas, even when ice measurements at the facility are at acceptable thicknesses
- If Enforcement Services witnesses people on the storm water ponds, they will require people to leave or enforce fines
One exception, when ice conditions permit, is the north pond at Alexandra Park. We've made this exception because:
- the water depth can be controlled
- it's easily accessible for monitoring and maintenance
- the pond is more likely to freeze solid
For more information, contact the Parks Department at 780-980-7133.