Outdoor Ice Surfaces
When weather and ice conditions permit, the City of Leduc offers a number of outdoor skating surfaces for residents and visitors.
HOURS: 5 a.m. - 11 p.m.
For ice locations, see the Outdoor Ice Skating Map.
*Status current as of Jan. 14, 2018
Recreational Skating Ice
- Willow Park - OPEN
- Corinthia - OPEN
- Leduc Civic Centre South Pond -OPEN
- Doris Smith Park - OPEN
- Telford Skating Oval - OPEN
- Christ the King Skating Oval - OPEN
- Black Stone Rink - OPEN
- Kinsmen Rink - OPEN
- Leduc Civic Centre North Pond -OPEN
- Caledonia - OPEN
- Harry Bienert Playground - OPEN
- Southfork Green - CLOSED
- Lions Rink at Aileen Faller Park - OPEN
- Robinson Community Park - OPEN
- Elks Community Park - OPEN
Don't skate on storm water ponds
Skating is NOT permitted on storm water ponds.
- Storm water ponds have fluctuating water levels with potential depths that will not freeze solid
- There have been incidences of children falling through the ice in areas, even when ice measurements at the facility are at acceptable thicknesses
- If Enforcement Services witnesses people on the storm water ponds, they will require people to leave or enforce fines
One exception, when ice conditions permit, is the north pond at Alexandra Park. We've made this exception because:
- the water depth can be controlled
- it's easily accessible for monitoring and maintenance
- the pond is more likely to freeze solid
For more information, contact the Parks Department at 780-980-7133.