We’re looking for letters, cards, fun stories, drawings and more which can be shared with Leduc’s older generation. First introduced in 2021, Sincerely, Leduc is an anonymous letter-writing campaign to help honour and celebrate seniors in our community.
- July 4 – letter writing kits available at the Leduc Public Library (first come, first served)
- Sept. 6 at noon – deadline for submissions
- Sept. 8 – all submissions will be review to ensure they are anonymous and that content is appropriate
- Sept. 9 – city will deliver to Leduc Regional Housing Foundation
- Sept. 11 – foundation will distribute letter on Grandparents Day
How to participate:
- Create a drawing, colour a picture, share a kind message in a greeting card or hand-write a fun story in a letter that can be shared with a Leduc senior.
- Residents can submit more than one card and/or letter.
- Cards, letters and drawings are to be anonymous with no identifying information (full name, age, residential address, email, phone number, etc.).
- Writers can sign-off their submission(s) using their first name only, if they wish.
- Submissions can be dropped off at:
- Leduc Civic Centre
- Leduc Public Library
- Submissions can be mailed to the City of Leduc c/o Older Adult Services Coordinator, 1 Alexandra Park, Leduc, Alta. T9E 4C4.
- All submissions will be reviewed before they are delivered for distribution on Grandparents Day to seniors who reside in the City of Leduc.
If you’re not sure what to write about, here are a few ideas:
- Draw or write about a topic that may brighten someone’s day
- Share a favourite quote, poem or write about a book you read
- Share an influential experience you had thanks to a senior and the impact they have on your life
- Draw or write about what this community means to you
- Share a funny story that made you smile
Thank you for your participation!