The Leduc Boat Club is located on the lakes south side, offering a variety of paddling programs and races. The club is the operating arm of the Telford Lake Alberta Training Centre Society, which aims to develop and promote Telford Lake recreational opportunities.
Telford Lake is named after Robert Taylor Telford, who first settled by the lake in 1889 and is the founder of what became the City of Leduc. Telford was Leduc's first postmaster, first general merchant and first justice of the peace. He also later became Leduc's first member of the Legislative Assembly, and he served as Mayor from 1915-16.
Telford Lake Trail Interpretive Signage
With the installation of ten interpretive signs along the 8.2 km Telford Lake Trail, users can now learn more about the diversity of species they are likely to encounter, and their natural habitats.
Visitors embarking on the interpretive tour should start their journey at the Leduc Boathouse or the Leduc Lions Park.
- View Interpretive Map (1.4 MB PDF)