The Youth Development Program supports Leduc residents, schools, agencies and businesses in building assets in our city. Asset-building is based on the research and philosophies of the Search Institute© 40 Developmental Assets.
The Youth Development Coordinator encourages asset development through:
- One-on-one Family Support: working with parents/guardians of youth (ages 12 - 19) to support them in dealing with the challenges teenage years can bring. We work to build skills and create parenting plans, and provide advocacy, support and referrals.
- Community Education: providing educational opportunities to parents, community agencies, schools and businesses to build their skills when working with youth, and supporting the creation of youth-friendly environments.
- School Programming: partnering with schools and other agencies to support youth in building assets, personal life skills and developing a healthy lifestyle.
The Youth Outreach Worker is a free resource providing services for youth (ages 12-19) who live in Leduc by engaging them in healthy activities and working one-on-one with them to increase their assets and connection to the community. To reduce barriers wherever possible, times and locations are flexible when meeting with youth. Resources are offered at no cost.
- Empowering youth to build their skills
- Support with accessing services
- Advocating for youth needs
|A Youth Outreach Worker can help you with these reasons and more:|
|>> You are homeless, or on the verge of homelessness (couch-surfing).||>> You don't know who to call for help.|
|>> You are using or experimenting with drugs or alcohol.||>> You are feeling stress, anxiety or pressure.|
|>> You are arguing with your parents and struggling to understand each other||>> You have questions and don't know who to ask.|
For more information call 780-980-7109.
Bullying Prevention Helpline
The Bullying Prevention Helpline 1-888-456-2323 is available toll-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Help is provided in over 170 different languages.
|>> Kids Help Phone||>> Bully Free Alberta||>> Stop Bullying|
|>> Youth Directory||>> Local Volunteer Opportunities||>> Boys & Girls Club of Leduc|
|>> Community Directory|