What is a Good Neighbour?
Good Neighbours are individuals, couples or families whose selfless efforts help create connected, friendly and safe communities. We appreciate the awesome contributions of these special people who strive to make Leduc such a wonderful place to live, and the Good Neighbours program is our way of recognizing their efforts and saying 'thank you'.
The Good Neighbours initiative encourages neighbourly behaviour and community building through a number of events and projects. We invite you take part in any or all of the following:
- Plan a block party in your community
- Show how well you know your neighbours (or get to know them better!)
- Sign up to become a Block Connector
- Celebrate Good Neighbour Day (June 19, 2021)
- Recognize your Good Neighbour with a greeting card (available at the Civic Centre)
Post a sign of appreciation for Good Neighbour Day
Celebrate Good Neighbours Day this year by posting your appreciation to your neighbourhood with a customizable sign. From June 14 to 30, pick up a good neighbours sign to place in front of your home and show your appreciation. Share a positive message through words or drawings. Topics could be:
- What you love most about your neighbourhood
- What is your favourite thing about your neighbourhood
- What makes your neighbourhood a yaybourhood
Pick up your yard sign from the Leduc Civic Centre at the FCSS counter or at the Leduc Public Library. Available until quantities last.
Question? Email FCSS@leduc.ca