Users must follow all public health orders outlined by the Province of Alberta and Alberta Health Services.Please contact email@example.com or call 780-980-7118 for booking.
Things you need to know
Updated February 5, 2021
Starting Feb. 8, 2021 per the Government of Alberta’s ‘Path Forward’ << https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#jumplinks-4>>, please note the following services available to our community:
- Indoor, one-on-one fitness training services (must be booked with a fitness trainer). Virtual fitness programming will continue.
- Ice and field house one-on-one sport training is available and must be through a professional, certified and/or paid trainer providing active instruction
- Ice and field house private bookings (working to identify max. pairing numbers allowable on each surface)
- Aquatics one-on-one training and instruction (sport organizations only at this time)
- School use for curriculum-based activities are permitted at the Leduc Recreation Centre and Maclab Centre for the Performing Arts
- In-person pre-school programs will continue to be held at Kinsmen Hall
- LRC memberships will remain on hold
All one-on-one training requires the trainer to wear a mask. Clients are not required to wear a mask when training.
Other amenities impacted in Step 1 include:
- Warming centre will continue at the Leduc Civic Centre. Should folks need a space between 4 and 9 p.m., when the homeless shelter opens, the LRC will be available.
- Alexandra Arena ice will be removed for the seasons
- Curling rink ice will be removed as the season was cancelled by the Leduc Curling Club
- Aspen Custom Trailers Arena (formerly known as the Sobeys Arena) fate will be determined next week considering the cancellations of Dairy Congress and the Black Gold Rodeo for this year. Current ice rental contracts will be reviewed with user groups in anticipation of Steps 2 and 3.
Ice Arena Opportunities (Not available at this time.)
There are various drop-in arena opportunities, for both leisure skating and sport-specific activities. LRC Members get FREE access to all of these drop-in opportunities! To view our most up-to-date drop-in ice arena schedule visit:
Occasionally, we have to change our schedule or cancel drop-in programs to allow for special events or ice maintenance.To prevent disappointment, please remember to confirm the facility schedules at Live.Leduc.ca/ArenaActivities before visiting.
How can I schedule an appointment for the activities being offered at the Arena's?
Friday Fun Skates
Friday Fun Skates are fun for the whole family! These themed nights take place every 3rd Friday of the month from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. and are FREE for LRC Members or a day admission pass for the general public.
View our upcoming Friday Fun Skates!
Before visiting our facility or participating in one of our drop-in arena programs, please view the guidelines below.
Active Participation requires a responsible person 14 years of age or older to participate with the participants 7 years of age or under in the fieldhouse. In the Aquatic Centre or Ice Arenas the child must be within arm’s reach of the guardian. If the description states an Adult is required the active participant needs to be 18 years or older. Some instructor-led programs may also require active participation.
Active Supervision requires a responsible person 14 years of age or older to watch participants 7 years or under from the sidelines of the field house or from the players bench in the ice arenas.
To see which activities require Active Participation, please see our latest City Guide.