Users must follow all public health orders outlined by the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services.
Things you need to know
The health and safety of patrons and staff is our top priority. Please click on the THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW FAQ as it will be constantly updated as changes occur with regards to LRC amenities, services, retail partners and other spaces as it pertains to the health and safety guidelines in place by AHS.
Latest Update May 6, 2021
Change of Date for the Facility temporarily closing - now scheduled for Friday, May 7 at 9:01 p.m.
Starting 9:01 p.m., Friday, May 7, 2021, the Leduc Recreation Centre will be closing to public access following mandatory public health measures that will be in place for at least the next three (3) weeks, per the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services. Please note the following:
- Organizations, individuals and events with bookings (Arena, Courts and Fieldhouse) will be cancelled between May 8 – 30 at minimum. Users who have been impacted will be contacted to discuss rescheduling options.
- All Indoor Aquatic Centre Private Household bookings will be cancelled and refunded. These cancellations will be prioritized if/when we are able to begin taking bookings again.
- First Aid courses scheduled on May 12 & 15 will be cancelled.
- Personal training - sessions scheduled until closing on Friday, May 7. Then no longer offered as of Saturday, May 8. All existing personal training packages will have their expiry date extended by the length of our closure.
- Outdoor fitness classes – scheduled until Saturday, May 8. Then no longer offered as of Sunday, May 9.
- Decisions on Recreation Spring Set 2 Programs will be made in the coming days. Updated information will be provided as soon as decisions have been made.
- Monthly, Continuous and Annual memberships will be placed on hold and membership terms will be extended.
- No automatic payments will be processed until we re-open.
- Lifemark Physiotherapy will remain open at this time. Please reach out to them directly 780-986-2599 to understand their process and protocols.
Thank you for being safe, kind and patient. We’re in this together. We’ll get through it together.
Update April 6, 2021
We're moving back to Step 1 of the Path Forward.
Effective April 7 timeslots for the RE/MAX Fitness Centre, Indoor Track and Group Fitness Indoor Classes have been CANCELLED until further notice.
Please note the following services will still be available to our community:
- Outdoor Group Fitness Classes to continue as planned for Spring Session (pre-book on the Live Leduc Mobile App)
- Indoor, one-on-one/household fitness training services (must be booked with a fitness trainer)
- Ice, pad, fieldhouse and court one-on-one/team sport training is available and must be through a professional, certified and/or paid trainer providing active instruction (lessons, practices and conditioning activities are allowed but no games, all participants required to 3m distance and wear masks when not engaged in activity on the field of play; instructors must wear a mask at all times, no spectators permitted at this time)
- Ice, fieldhouse and court local household bookings permitted (all members must be from the City of Leduc or Leduc County and reside in the same household)
- Aquatics one-on-one training and instruction (sport organizations only at this time)
- School use for curriculum-based activities are permitted at the Leduc Recreation Centre
- Preschool programming will continue as planned for Spring Session
- LRC memberships will go on hold
All one-on-one training requires the trainer to wear a mask. Clients are not required to wear a mask when training.
More information on Provincial Guidelines can be found at https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx
Personal training fitness bookings – call 780-980-7120 to schedule your one-on-one/household appointment
Ice and fieldhouse - call 780-980-7118 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note the following capacity limits:
Arenas and fieldhouses will have one booking/organization per surface
Courts will have one booking/organization
Maximum 10 individuals per amenity including all coaches, trainers and participants
NOTE: The facility will be subject to enhanced and additional cleaning protocols, and all staff and patrons will be expected to follow the health and safety guidelines in place by AHS.
Update March 5, 2021
Step 2: Path Forward, as announced March 1, 2021, please refer to the following key changes affecting indoor fitness activities at the Leduc Recreation Centre:
- Aquatic centre re-opens March 9 for one-hour, household bookings. Indoor, one-on-one aquatics, training and instruction opportunities will continue for sporting organizations only. At this time lane and public swim, along with AquaFit, will not be offered
- Fitness centre and walking track will re-open March 6 for appointment-only access for low-intensity activity; while following capacity and the health and safety measures in place, i.e. distancing. One-on-one personal training sessions will continue to be offered for high-intensity exercise. Masks will be required for all low-intensity activities
- Fieldhouse and ice surface rentals will continue for one-on-one training, one-on-one household training, private household bookings and team training & development.
- Membership and admission rates are reduced for March to encourage affordable access. Daily individual rates will range from $3 to $6 (youth to 74-years-old) and the daily family rate at $14. Memberships will remain on hold. To reinstate your membership or purchase this limited time offer, please call Guest Services at 780-980-7120
Visit https://www.leduc.ca/lrccovid-19 for more details.
NOTE: Health and safety measures will be applied, such as keeping a 3-metre distance from others, wearing a mask during low-intensity activities, etc. The facility will be subject to enhanced and additional cleaning protocols, and all staff and patrons will be expected to follow the health and safety guidelines in place by AHS.
Ice Arena Opportunities
There are various drop-in arena opportunities (not available at this time), for both leisure skating and sport-specific activities. LRC Members get FREE access to all of these drop-in opportunities! To view our most up-to-date drop-in ice arena schedule visit:
Occasionally, we have to change our schedule or cancel drop-in programs to allow for special events or ice maintenance.To prevent disappointment, please remember to confirm the facility schedules at Live.Leduc.ca/ArenaActivities before visiting.
How can I schedule an appointment for the activities being offered at the Arena's?
1. Download the Live Leduc Mobile App through Google Play or the App Store
2. Click on Appointment Scheduling
3. Select the activity you are looking to pre-book e.g. Adult 18+ Shinny, Adult 18+ Skate, Adult 18+ Stick & Puck, Family Skate, Family Stick & Puck, Public Skate, Pre-school Skate
4. Select your start time, duration, number attending and then click Reserve
5. You will receive a confirmation, Reservation complete.
6. You can then add the appointment to your calendar or share it with friends and family.
Please make sure that the top right hand corner facility drop down is on LRC Arena's to schedule your appointment.
Note: Adult 18+ Shinny - full face visor will be required, face-off's will not permitted and we ask participants to limit digging for the puck. Check-in is 30 minutes prior to the pre-booked timeslot.
Friday Fun Skates
Friday Fun Skates are fun for the whole family (not available at this time)! These themed nights take place every 3rd Friday of the month from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. and are FREE for LRC Members or a day admission pass for the general public.
View our upcoming Friday Fun Skates!
Before visiting our facility or participating in one of our drop-in arena programs, please view the guidelines below.
Active Participation requires a responsible person 14 years of age or older to participate with the participants 7 years of age or under in the fieldhouse. In the Aquatic Centre or Ice Arenas the child must be within arm’s reach of the guardian. If the description states an Adult is required the active participant needs to be 18 years or older. Some instructor-led programs may also require active participation.
Active Supervision requires a responsible person 14 years of age or older to watch participants 7 years or under from the sidelines of the field house or from the players bench in the ice arenas.
To see which activities require Active Participation, please see our latest City Guide.