The City of Leduc is proud to present VolunteerFest!
Our community, celebrating our volunteers.
This event is free to attend and will feature food, entertainment, volunteer opportunities and recognition of the outstanding citizens, volunteers, groups and businesses that have made a tremendous contribution to our community.
This event is designed to allow for the introduction and reconnection to volunteerism in Leduc and to bring the community together to not only celebrate, support and promote local Not-for-profits, but also acknowledge the amazing volunteers and outstanding citizens in our area!
The City of Leduc values and appreciates the volunteers in our community, and we recognize the power that they bring when united to move our community forward. The Value of One. The Power of Many. Our hope is that this celebration will act as a catalyst for future volunteerism amongst our youth.
VolunteerFest will take place at Stone Barn Gardens in William F. Lede Park, and will include:
- Organization Showcase | Like our Volunteer Fair its your chance to showcase your organization, say thank you to your volunteers, and recruit and connect with new volunteers in a tradeshow style space. If you are interested in getting involved, sign up on Event Brite here.
- Staged Entertainment | Where local entertainment will be featured on our stage prior to the Citizens of Distinction & #Influencers award ceremony.
- Award Ceremony for Citizens of Distinction & Influencers | Presented by Mayor & Council to recognize the outstanding citizens, groups and businesses in our community.
- Food and Refreshments | Will feature festival style food that is free for Registered Volunteers, Influencers, and Citizens of Distinction. General public will be able to purchase wristbands on site and there will be food trucks as well with some sweet treats for purchase.
- Scavenger Hunt Contest | A fun way for the public to explore the new event and interact with our organizations.
- Silent Auction | Featuring $3,000 worth of Canadian Tire merchandise, with proceeds going to the Rise Up Society.
- 1:00 – 2:30 | Entertainment, Food (trucks & VIP catering), Organization Showcase
- 2:30 – 4:00 pm – Awards | Address by Mayor Young & presentation of Citizens of Distinction and Influencers awards from Council
Park & Ride
Park & Ride service for VolunteerFest will be available from noon to 5 p.m. with pick up locations throughout the city.
What is VolunteerFest?
VolunteerFest is designed to combine three volunteer-focused events into one free, festival-like setting for all to enjoy!
When & where will this event take place?
The VolunteerFest will take place on Sunday, September 11th at Stone Barn Garden, in William F. Lede Park, between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
Who can attend VolunteerFest?
Everyone!! VolunteerFest is free for the public to attend, with entertainment and a chance to connect with the community and local organizations seeking volunteers. The event will also feature an array of festival-style food.
How do I get involved as a sponsor?
If you would like to sign up for the Organization Showcase or get involved as a Sponsor, please reach out to Katie Evans, Community Development Events Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 780-980-7167.