Yard Waste Transfer Station
The Yard Waste Transfer Station, also known informally as the compost facility, accepts yard waste.
- Garden and flowerbed cleanup
- Garden waste
- Plant material
- Tree branches
- Twigs (small pieces)
There is no charge for dropping off yard waste.
Dropping Off Plant Material:
- Leave your materials in the appropriate piles according to the signs.
- Bag yard waste in a brown paper bag and leave at the yard waste transfer station.
- If using plastic bags, the yard waste material must be emptied and all plastic bags must then be deposited into the waste bin on site.
- Do not dump waste at the station.
- Please place diseased branches in the separate area shown on the map at the entrance gate.
Diseased Wood Pile
Bring all diseased wood (like branches with black knot fungus) and noxious weeds to the diseased wood pile. Do not put diseased wood or noxious weeds in the green bin. Instead, transport the wood and weeds in a plastic bag to avoid spreading noxious weeds and arbour diseases to neighbouring yards and green spaces. The pile is just around the corner from the yard waste transfer station. Directions are posted at the entrance.
Location & Hours
3719 – 48 Avenue (north of Leduc Recreation Centre)
Material drop-off occurs inside the gates and is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
>> Program FAQ
>> Sort Smart A-Z