Fall Swimming Lessons & Programs Have Paused
Due to the current shortage of certified swimming instructors seen across Alberta, the Leduc Recreation Centre’s usual fall offering of swimming lesson programs has been delayed. A limited number of swimming programs will become available in late fall. Please continue to check Live.Leduc.ca, Leduc.ca and follow us on social media for updates on when registration for these programs will become available.
Visit www.leduc.ca/getcertified for information on how to become certified as a swimming instructor. Free certification courses are being offered this Fall!
Indoor Pool Schedule
Current Indoor Pool Schedule
We now have an activity based blocked time schedule for the Aquatic Centre. The Aquatic drop-in opportunities have been redesigned into blocks of time where complementary activities will be combined into the same blocks and other type of activities will be scheduled at a different time to improve the quality of the customer experience.
There are now lane swim, public swim and Aqua Fit blocks.
Children 7 years of age and under must be actively supervised (in the water and within arm’s reach) by an individual 14 years of age or older. Maximum of 4 children to 1 supervisor.
Aquatic Centre Guidelines
Outdoor footwear and strollers are not permitted on deck or in the change rooms. Swim diapers are required for all patrons who are not toilet-trained.
All swimmers who appear to be under the age of 16 will be required to complete a swim test on each visit and will receive a mark that will identify that they have successfully completed the test for that day.
- 25m, 6-lane
- Temperature: 28-29C
- Diving blocks
- Rope swing
- Challenging climbing wall (not available at this time)
- 17.5m, 4-lane
- Temperature: 30-32C
- Zero-depth entry
- Various spray features including mushroom and water curtain
Leisure Tot Zone
- Zero-depth entry
- Max. depth of 0.8m
- Suitable for children 0 - 7 years
- Interactive play structure with slides
- For riders 40" (3'4") or 1.02m or taller.
- Only 1 rider is permitted on the slide at a time. Parents can wait for their children at the bottom of the slide.
- Lifejackets are now permitted on the waterslide.
- Riders will now be asked to line up at the bottom of the waterslide staircase.
- The waterslide now has operational hours.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Temperature: 38 - 40C
- Temperature: 38 - 40C
- Air Temperature: 40 - 48C
- Universal, Mens, Womens
- Changing stalls
- Lockers (We have coin-operated locks, or you can bring your own. Please keep your belongings locked up.)
- Showers & toilet facilities
- Fully-accessible family change room with a moveable change table
- Limited capacity
- Area where spectators can enjoy food and drink without removing outdoor footwear.
Various types of swim lessons are offered, in group, semi-private or private instruction.
Leadership & Lifeguarding Programs
Aquatic Centre FAQs
Why does a pool close unexpectedly?
Unfortunately, pools have to be closed in an untimely manner due to pool fouling. Health regulations require pools to be closed anywhere from 1 to 36 hours for the necessary disinfecting.
Why can't I wear my shoes in the change rooms or take my stroller out onto the pool deck?
For health and safety reasons outdoor footwear and strollers are not permitted on deck or in the change rooms. Shoe racks are provided at the change room entrance and the viewing area on deck. Strollers can be left in the "Stroller Parking Lot" and exchanged for 'pool' strollers, allowed on the deck and in the change rooms.
What time is public swimming?
Public swimming is offered every day. Depending on the day and time, some pools may not be available due to rentals, swimming lessons and other aquatic programs. Refer to the Pool Schedule or speak with a Guest Services Representative to confirm times.
Do my kids need supervision in the Aquatic Centre?
- 0 - 7 years of age: need supervision (Maximum of 4 children to 1 supervisor)
- 8 years of age and older: does not need to be accompanied
Can my teenager participate in aquatic fitness programs?
All drop-in and registered aquatic fitness program participants must be at least 14 years of age unless otherwise noted.
I forgot my towel / swim diaper / bathing suit!
The West Guest Services desk provides a tuck shop carrying your swimming needs (while supplies last). Goggles, nose clips, swim caps, swim diapers, towels and a limited stock of bathing suits can be purchased. Baby boats are available for free on deck, please just see a Lifeguard.