Things you need to know
Latest Update May 6, 2021
Change of Date for the Facility temporarily closing - now scheduled for Friday, May 7 at 9:01 p.m.
Starting 9:01 p.m., Friday, May 7, 2021, the Leduc Recreation Centre will be closing to public access following mandatory public health measures that will be in place for at least the next three (3) weeks, per the Government of Alberta and Alberta Health Services. Please note the following:
- Organizations, individuals and events with bookings (Arena, Courts and Fieldhouse) will be cancelled between May 8 – 30 at minimum. Users who have been impacted will be contacted to discuss rescheduling options.
- All Indoor Aquatic Centre Private Household bookings will be cancelled and refunded. These cancellations will be prioritized if/when we are able to begin taking bookings again.
- First Aid courses scheduled on May 12 & 15 will be cancelled.
- Personal training - sessions scheduled until closing on Friday, May 7. Then no longer offered as of Saturday, May 8. All existing personal training packages will have their expiry date extended by the length of our closure.
- Outdoor fitness classes – scheduled until Saturday, May 8. Then no longer offered as of Sunday, May 9.
- Decisions on Recreation Spring Set 2 Programs will be made in the coming days. Updated information will be provided as soon as decisions have been made.
- Monthly, Continuous and Annual memberships will be placed on hold and membership terms will be extended.
- No automatic payments will be processed until we re-open.
- Lifemark Physiotherapy will remain open at this time. Please reach out to them directly 780-986-2599 to understand their process and protocols.
Thank you for being safe, kind and patient. We’re in this together. We’ll get through it together.
Update April 6, 2021
Update April 1, 2021
Thanks to an overwhelmingly positive response from our community, the LRC Aquatic Centre is now completely booked until April 25. We will have to pause taking more household bookings until more information is shared by the Province on when further easing of restrictions will be possible for aquatic activities. We have put remaining requests on a waitlist and in the case of cancellations, will contact those people in the order requests were received.
Please watch for announcements in the coming weeks for new opportunities in May. We’d like to thank everyone for your patience and excitement about these opportunities.
Latest update March 29, 2021
We are excited to announce that more private household bookings will be offered at the LRC’s Aquatic Centre April 6 – 25, 2021.
- 1 hour timeslots | Mon - Fri Noon to 9 p.m. and Sat/Sun 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Available amenities – main pool (rock wall and rope), Leisure Pool (play structures and lane pool), Whirlpool, Steam Room and Waterslide if requested will be open.
- April bookings will be available for those City of Leduc and Leduc County residents that have not booked previously.
- Due to the limited timeslots available for the Aquatic Centre, the booking of the Indoor Pool is only available to residents who pay municipal taxes to the City of Leduc and Leduc County.
- Only one household is being booked per 1 hour timeslot. Members must reside within the same household.
- One booking per household at this time.
- $42 plus GST per hour
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 780-980-7198 ext. 6040 to inquire about a private household booking.
- Don’t forget to include your preferred days and times in your request so we can find a 1 hour timeslot that is available for you.
- Whether you call in or email your request, please provide the best phone number to reach you at so we can contact you directly to secure your timeslot.
Things you need to know
- The Aquatic Centre will NOT be offering lane swim, public swim or AquaFit.
- There will be no WIBIT or public rental at this time.
- Steam Room 2, Hot Tub 4, Whirlpool 7. These must be enjoyed during the scheduled appointment timeslot as the pool deck will be cleared at the end of that time.
- Limited swim lockers are available; however, capacity will be reduced in the changerooms so please come ready for your confirmed booking where possible.
- Showers will be offered for a quick rinse only.
- The Indoor Pool will be CLOSED every couple hours to facilitate our cleaning protocols that have been put in place.
- All users of the Indoor Pool, whether you enter the water or not, will require a scheduled booking and to pay admission. This will help manage the overall numbers allowed within the facility as per the guidelines in place.
Indoor Pool Schedule
Current Indoor Pool Schedule
Morning Lane Swimmers (Not available at this time.)
Please ensure you schedule your appointment for your lane swim through the Live Leduc App or by calling Guest Services 780-980-7120.
Monday - Friday 5:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m AND Noon - 1 p.m.
Monday - Thursday 8:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
Friday 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Saturday 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
Sunday 8 a.m. - 10 a.m. AND 4:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Waterslide Operational Hours (Not available at this time.)
- Monday 1 - 3 p.m. & 6:30 - 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesday - Friday 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m
- Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Children 7 years of age and under must be actively supervised (in the water and within arm’s reach) by an individual 14 years of age or older. Maximum of 4 children to 1 supervisor.
Aquatic Centre Guidelines
Outdoor footwear and strollers are not permitted on deck or in the change rooms. Swim diapers are required for all patrons who are not toilet-trained.
All swimmers who appear to be under the age of 16 will be required to complete a swim test on each visit and will receive a mark that will identify that they have successfully completed the test for that day. Changes shown below will be effective March 1, 2020.
- 25m, 6-lane
- Temperature: 28-29C
- Diving blocks
- Rope swing
- Challenging climbing wall (not available at this time)
- 17.5m, 4-lane
- Temperature: 30-32C
- Zero-depth entry
- Various spray features including mushroom and water curtain
Leisure Tot Zone
- Zero-depth entry
- Max. depth of 0.8m
- Suitable for children 0 - 7 years
- Interactive play structure with slides
Learn about why we changed our waterslide here. View our new waterslide rules below:
- For riders 40" (3'4") or 1.02m or taller.
- Only 1 rider is permitted on the slide at a time. Parents can wait for their children at the bottom of the slide.
- Lifejackets are now permitted on the waterslide.
- Riders will now be asked to line up at the bottom of the waterslide staircase.
- The waterslide now has operational hours.
Waterslide Operational Hours
- Monday - Friday 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Limited Capacity 7
- Temperature: 38 - 40C
- Limited Capacity 4
- Temperature: 38 - 40C
- Limited Capacity 2
- Air Temperature: 40 - 48C
- Universal, Mens, Womens
- Changing stalls
- Lockers (We have coin-operated locks, or you can bring your own. Please keep your belongings locked up.)
- Showers & toilet facilities
- Fully-accessible family change room with a moveable change table
- Limited capacity (only 8 people at a time)
- Area where spectators can enjoy food and drink without removing outdoor footwear.
Various types of swim lessons are offered, in group, semi-private or private instruction.
Leadership & Lifeguarding Programs
Aquatic Centre FAQs
Why does a pool close unexpectedly?
Unfortunately, pools have to be closed in an untimely manner due to pool fouling. Health regulations require pools to be closed anywhere from 1 to 36 hours for the necessary disinfecting.
Why can't I wear my shoes in the change rooms or take my stroller out onto the pool deck?
For health and safety reasons outdoor footwear and strollers are not permitted on deck or in the change rooms. Shoe racks are provided at the change room entrance and the viewing area on deck. Strollers can be left in the "Stroller Parking Lot" and exchanged for 'pool' strollers, allowed on the deck and in the change rooms.
What time is public swimming?
Public swimming is offered every day. Depending on the day and time, some pools may not be available due to rentals, swimming lessons and other aquatic programs. Refer to the Pool Schedule or speak with a Guest Services Representative to confirm times.
Do my kids need supervision in the Aquatic Centre?
- 0 - 7 years of age: need supervision (Maximum of 4 children to 1 supervisor)
- 8 years of age and older: does not need to be accompanied
Can my teenager participate in aquatic fitness programs?
All drop-in and registered aquatic fitness program participants must be at least 14 years of age unless otherwise noted.
I forgot my towel / swim diaper / bathing suit!
The West Guest Services desk provides a tuck shop carrying your swimming needs (while supplies last). Goggles, nose clips, swim caps, swim diapers, towels and a limited stock of bathing suits can be purchased. Baby boats are available for free on deck, please just see a Lifeguard.