Councillor Bob Young
Corporate Services Department LiasonOn City Council
Deputy Mayor (January and April 2017)
Board, Committee & Association Appointments:
- Capital Region Southwest Water Services Commission
- Leduc Family and Community Support Services Board (alternate)
- Leduc Foundation, chairman
- Leduc Library Board
- Community Adult Learning Committee (alternate)
- Grant Application Review Sub Committee
- Naming Committee
- Traffic Advisory Committee
Councillor Young has served on Leduc City Council for 11 years and is a proud resident of this great city for the last 56 years. Growing up in Leduc, he attended local schools and later obtained his Bachelor of Education (Red Deer College and University of Alberta). For 36 years, he has worked as a local school teacher and is retiring from Leduc Junior High School in June 2016.
He is the oldest son of John and Bev Young and married his wife Susan in 1977. They have 2 children, Laura and John, and 1 granddaughter, Madelene.
Councillor Young has been a very active member of the community for many years.
- Instrumental in the design and construction of the William F. Lede Diamonds
- Leduc's Citizen of the Year in 2000
- Former President of Leduc Minor Hockey - Leduc Ball Federation, Leduc Baseball
- Coached hockey, baseball, volleyball, basketball, soccer