Results are in from the 2023 Leduc Census
The results from the 2023 Leduc Census report a population increase of 9.20 per cent, compared to the 2019 municipal census, bringing the city’s population to 36,060.
In total, the City saw 99.97 per cent of homes complete the 2023 Leduc Census. Of that, 41.81 per cent was completed online with the remainder completed through door-to-door participation.
Data collected helps us in two primary ways:
- First, it provides updated information about who lives in the city, community demographics and where people live. This supports service planning and delivery, as well as future development and construction.
- Second, it increases the City’s eligibility for potential funding that would support new infrastructure and amenities.
- 12 per cent of residents who are employed work within the City of Leduc
- Oil and gas, health and social services, and construction are the industries that Leduc residents are most commonly employed within
- Nearly 71 per cent of residents own their homes
- English, Tagalog and French make up the main languages spoken at home
- More Leduc residents were born in 1981 than any other year
- Majority of residents have lived in their current home for more than five years
View the full breakdown on the website.