The Leduc Recreation Centre offers a variety of registered aquatics, fitness, and recreational programs. 309,000 square foot premium multi-use Recreation and Fitness Facility for people of all ages.
There is something for everyone at the Leduc Recreation Centre!
Live Leduc is ready for online registration!
Visit Live Leduc to view all recreation services, programs, memberships and active living offered by the City of Leduc. Our Live Leduc Online Portal offers you the ability to access, create or edit your account, view courses and register for programs, search facility availability or check what public opportunities are available for you and your family.
View our step-by-step PDF's which explain how to create your account and register for programs online. Please note that when you login your email address will be your new username. Contact Guest Services at 780-980-7120 to verify/update your email.
See the latest City Guide to view ALL of the registered programs available at the LRC.
- Aquatics Leadership Courses & Specialty Classes
- Recreation Programs for pre-school, school-aged, youth and adults
- Registered Fitness Classes
- Swimming Lessons
Did you know that the LRC also offers a variety of drop-in programs which are free to participate in if you have a monthly or annual LRC Membership? View all of our drop-in programs & classes today!
Updated June 28, 2021
Parents are required to complete a waiver form for all participants prior to attending our programs. This waiver will be signed on your first class date. These waivers are only required once per calendar year.
When signing the waiver please indicate any pre-existing conditions your child may have. Apart of our requirements is to continue to assess participants for any symptoms of COVID-19 and apart of the assessment is documenting pre-existing conditions. Help us not have to quarantine our entire camp by providing any conditions, allergies and their symptoms.
First Time Jitters
It is quite normal for a first-time participant, and sometimes a repeat participant, to be nervous or not want to stay. A new program experience may be intimidating or scary for a child. Quite often children are unsure what their class will be like, what they will do in class and most often they don’t want to be alone. It is important for parents to communicate with children about what will happen in class (activities, snack, swimming, stories). Stay positive, be excited and offer encouraging support to your child. Consider involving your child in getting ready for class (packing snack, picking clothes, bringing a picture in their backpack). Talk to your child on what they can expect from drop off to what might happen in a day to what time you will be there to pick them up. Ask your child if there is anything they are nervous about and come up with strategies ahead of time. Be sure to notify staff of strategies because we want to help make sure everyone has a great time.
Due to COVID restrictions we cannot pickup children or hold upset children. If a child cannot follow the instruction by our staff or remain upset for 15 minutes they will have to go home.
A program will be cancelled or combined due to low registration 1 week prior to the program’s start date. For full details on cancellation policies https://www.leduc.ca/lrc/lrc-programs. Credits or refunds will not be issued any day where a potential COVID exposure occurs; however, for subsequent days affected by the AHS requirements issued by the Province of Alberta, registrants will receive a credit on their account.
Stage 3 Preschool Guidance
Staff will continue to engage in frequent, thorough cleaning and disinfecting of toys, activities and equipment used each set. Staff will continue to encourage proper hand hygiene practices during the programs. Programs will plan for physically distant activities and setup rooms to avoid congested areas. Masks are not required but staff will support a child if a parent prefers.
Recreation Program Day
Updated June 28, 2021
Before you leave the house
Before leaving home, parents should screen their child for symptoms using the child checklist and self-screen using the adult checklist. If a child or parent feels unwell, has any symptoms or answers YES to any questions on the checklist they must stay home and not attend programs. See checklist here: https://open.alberta.ca/dataset/56c020ed-1782-4c6c-bfdd-5af36754471f/resource/2a97f697-7c2b-40cc-9679-de087115171e/download/covid-19-information-alberta-health-daily-checklist-2021-05.pdf
Upon arrival to program drop off location for your registered program, parents and children will meet at the drop off/pickup meeting area and wait for program staff to come to you. Please respect physical distancing while waiting for your program to start.
Preschool parents are asked to pack indoor shoes (unless outdoor class) for your child and dress for the weather. The child must be able to carry their backpack (with a water bottle, 1 nut free snack (please no lunches) and indoor shoes) as well as a coat if we go outside for an activity.
To help us contact trace and limit the number of people in contact with our team we ask, if possible, to designate one parent/guardian for pick up and drop off of program participants.
Late Drop Off or Early Pick Up
If you are needing to pick up early or drop off late please contact our Programs Supervisor (780.980.1550) before the program begins. Parents are not permitted to access our classroom facility as stipulated by AHS guidelines.
Remember if you are attending an outdoor program to apply sunscreen & bug spray before you arrive. Staff will not be supplying or applying sunscreen or bug spray to your child. We also suggest sending a hat and wearing shoes & clothing to play outside while it’s hot.
Fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. All fees include GST (where applicable). Waiting lists will be taken for all programs. If demand is sufficient and appropriate time, space, and instructors are available, classes may be added. A program will be cancelled or combined due to low registration 1 week prior to the program’s start date. Register early to avoid disappointment.
Please keep in mind:
- NSF cheques are subject to a $35 administration fee and immediate removal from class list. Re-enrollment must be paid by cash, debit, certified cheque or credit card.
- An account credit can be used for registering in an alternative course. Outstanding credits over $25 will be automatically refunded by the end of the year. Unused credits under $25 will be cleared after 12 months. Account credits cannot be used when registering online but can be used in-person or over the phone.
- Patron withdrawal If withdrawing 8 days or more before the course start date, a full refund will be issued. If withdrawing within 7 days to the course start date, refunds will not be granted and the current administrative fee will be applied.
- Patron withdrawal within 7 days If withdrawing within 7 days to the course start date, refunds will not be granted, however, a credit will be placed on the account and a $10 admin fee will be applied. You may transfer to another program within the same session with no penalty where possible. For specialty courses, an applicable admin fee will be applied with the amount indicated in the course description.
- Patron withdrawal after course start date If you are withdrawing from a course after the course start date refunds will not be granted and a prorated credit will be placed on the account along with a $10 admin fee. For specialty courses, an applicable admin fee will be applied with the amount indicated in the course description.
- Medical/Relocation withdrawal Refund requests due to medical reasons must be accompanied by a Doctor’s Certificate. The amount of the refund will be pro-rated based for the remaining classes on the date indicated in the medical slip. No admin fee will be applied.