The Leduc Recreation Centre offers a variety of registered aquatics, fitness, and recreational programs. 309,000 square foot premium multi-use Recreation and Fitness Facility for people of all ages.
There is something for everyone at the Leduc Recreation Centre!
Live Leduc is ready for online registration!
Visit Live Leduc to view all recreation services, programs, memberships and active living offered by the City of Leduc. Our Live Leduc Online Portal offers you the ability to access, create or edit your account, view courses and register for programs, search facility availability or check what public opportunities are available for you and your family.
View our step-by-step guide (PDF) which explains how to activate your account and register for programs online. Please note that when you login your email address will be your new username. Contact Guest Services at 780-980-7120 to verify/update your email.
See the latest City Guide to view ALL of the registered programs available at the LRC.
- Aquatics Leadership Courses & Specialty Classes
- Recreation Programs for pre-school, school-aged, youth and adults
- Registered Fitness Classes
- Swimming Lessons
Did you know that the LRC also offers a variety of drop-in programs which are free to participate in if you have a monthly or annual LRC Membership? View all of our drop-in programs & classes today!
Recreation Program Day
Aquatic Centre Programs
- While AHS has deemed chlorinated water an adequate disinfectant and the risk of COVID-19 transmission low within a pool, class capacities have been limited in an effort to provide space for physical distancing requirements. Coupled with the need to disinfect equipment between classes, this may cause families to have difficulty scheduling multiple swimmers into lessons at or around the same time.
- All preschool levels & Swim Kids 1-4 are now “PARENTED/PARTNERED”. This means each registered swimmer is required to have a parent or responsible person (14 yrs. or older) from within the same household actively participating in the water with them at all times. This is in order to maintain the safety of our instructors through physical distancing.
- These parents/partners will be required to assist the swimmer physically as the instructor normally would. The Instructor will go through common holds & assists with the class and will guide all parents/partners through all drills
- In an effort to keep each class as an individual cohort, registration will not be taken after the first lesson.
- A program will be cancelled or combined due to low registration 1 week prior to the program’s start date.
- In the event of a potential COVID-19 exposure, the following Cancellation Policy is in place: Credits or refunds will not be issued any day where a potential COVID exposure occurs; however, for subsequent days affected by the requirements of the guidelines for Swimming Pools issued by the Province of Alberta, registrants will receive a credit on their account.
- Swimmers should come ready & dressed for their lesson and be moving through the changerooms, no more than 5 mins before their scheduled start time, in order to avoid congestion and maintain physical distancing in the changerooms and on the pool deck.
- Cleansing showers should be done at home before & after your swim. We ask that changeroom showers are used for a QUICK RINSE ONLY.
- Children under the age of 8 are limited to one parent/responsible person (14+ yrs) to enter the aquatic centre with them. Children over the age of 8 are asked to enter the aquatic centre on their own as this falls within our supervision guidelines.
- Locker use in changerooms will be limited.
- During Stage 2 of Alberta’s COVID-19 Pandemic Relaunch, Hot Tubs and Sauna’s remain CLOSED. Public Swim opportunities are not available during swimming lessons.
- Instructors will be wearing face shields as Personal Protective Equipment and are required to teach from the pool deck. In the event they need to provide the class with a demonstration, participants and parents/partners will be asked to move onto the deck so that the instructor can get in the pool to demonstrate the necessary skill. In the event of a class or facility emergency, Instructors and lifeguards will perform any required emergency response and may need to break physical distancing requirements.
- At this time, spectators are not allowed on the Aquatic Centre pool deck. Parent day will be held on day 6 for all Swim Kids levels 5-10. During your class’s parent day, we ask that parents be in the water participating with their swimmer rather than watching from the pool deck. The viewing area is open for standing only with a capacity of 5. Physical distancing must be maintained.
- Swimmers are still asked to bring report cards from previous levels for their instructor to review and the Instructor will ask swimmers to place report cards in a bag or bin. Old report cards will be returned, however it is likely that this session, swimmers will be given new report cards for each level.
- Feedback forms will be sent out after the 6th lesson via an online survey link. We appreciate any and all feedback, especially as we navigate this unprecedented times.
Fees must be paid in full at the time of registration. All fees include GST (where applicable). Waiting lists will be taken for all programs. If demand is sufficient and appropriate time, space, and instructors are available, classes may be added. A program will be cancelled or combined due to low registration 1 week prior to the program’s start date. Register early to avoid disappointment.
Please keep in mind:
- NSF cheques are subject to a $35 administration fee and immediate removal from class list. Re-enrollment must be paid by cash, debit, certified cheque or credit card.
- An account credit can be used for registering in an alternative course. Outstanding credits over $25 will be automatically refunded by the end of the year. Unused credits under $25 will be cleared after 12 months. Account credits cannot be used when registering online but can be used in-person or over the phone.
- Patron withdrawal If withdrawing 8 days or more before the course start date, a full refund will be issued. If withdrawing within 7 days to the course start date, refunds will not be granted and the current administrative fee will be applied.
- Patron withdrawal within 7 days If withdrawing within 7 days to the course start date, refunds will not be granted, however, a credit will be placed on the account and a $10 admin fee will be applied. You may transfer to another program within the same session with no penalty where possible. For specialty courses, an applicable admin fee will be applied with the amount indicated in the course description.
- Patron withdrawal after course start date If you are withdrawing from a course after the course start date refunds will not be granted and a prorated credit will be placed on the account along with a $10 admin fee. For specialty courses, an applicable admin fee will be applied with the amount indicated in the course description.
- Medical/Relocation withdrawal Refund requests due to medical reasons must be accompanied by a Doctor’s Certificate. The amount of the refund will be pro-rated based for the remaining classes on the date indicated in the medical slip. No admin fee will be applied.
Fall Registration - Thursday September 10
Swim lessons, Aquatic fitness, Leadership, Fitness, Recreation and all other programs together on one day.
Registration is offered quarterly online Live.Leduc.ca and by phone 780-980-7120 starting at 5pm.